Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5D II Errors

Re: 5D II Errors

Going to get any lenses with it? The double back deals would be hard to pass up. There's at least 2 lenses I'd get if I could! [] Plus don't forget the printer rebates. After rebate the Pixma Pro9000 Mark II is (or almost) free. It's the printer I have, and I love it.
    - Trowski

Well, the 24-105 comes with it if one buys the kit and for my shooting the 24-105 will be a great fit. Down the road as my skills and particular photographic interests evolve I may revise my lens choice but I

BTW everyone, how do I copy what someone else has commented on and put into my post for reference??

Quote Originally Posted by DLS
    By the way, what are two lenses you would get Trowski? I think if I had the extra money, I'd go 24-70, 70-200 IS II...

I personally would get the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L Tilt-Shift lens, just because I would love to play with that thing. I've been tossing around the idea of buying it, but I'm not sure I can justify the price for how often I'd use it. Then again maybe I'd find myself using it all the time... ugh, decisions...

For the second, I would consider getting the 14mm f/2.8L, 85mm f/1.2L, or MT-24EX macro flash. But that's what I would want, since I have some of the other lenses on the rebate list.

I don't know what lenses you have already, but with the 5DII and 24-105mm f/4L I'd recommend the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II if you could afford it ($400 off is a spectacular deal!), otherwise the 70-200mm f/4L IS is very similar in image quality, mostly you're just losing a stop of aperture. The 16-35mm f/2.8L would fill in your ultra-wide angle well, and it's a great lens. If you're into macro, I love the 100mm f/2.8L IS macro lens. You might also want to consider an external flash if you don't have one, since the 5DII doesn't have a flash at all.

And I haven't even really thought about printers....I have a Canon Pixma IP8500. Haven't used it in a while. I like it for small prints for family and such. I get larger prints done externally.

The prints from my Pixma Pro9000 II are amazing. The prints look as good or better than most normal prints I would get from a photo lab. 95% of the time I'm just printing smaller prints as well, but it's great to have the ability to print larger prints. Just thought since it would be so cheap with the camera you might be interested. I'd recommend getting it since you have the chance.

BTW everyone, how do I copy what someone else has commented on and put into my post for reference??

If you click reply below a post, it opens up the little box where you can type. If you then click on "Use rich formatting" it brings you to a page where you can click on a Quote link above the text box that will add the text of the previous reply with quote tags around it. Often I edit that, adding other quote tags where I want them, and deleting irrelevant parts of the post. Sometimes I also just open the post in a new tab and copy and paste the parts I want, especially when quoting multiple people or posts, as I had to do here.
    - Trowski

Quote Originally Posted by Trowski

I don't know what lenses you have already, but with the 5DII and 24-105mm f/4L I'd recommend the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II if you could afford it ($400 off is a spectacular deal!), otherwise the 70-200mm f/4L IS is very similar in image quality, mostly you're just losing a stop of aperture. The 16-35mm f/2.8L would fill in your ultra-wide angle well, and it's a great lens. If you're into macro, I love the 100mm f/2.8L IS macro lens.

You might also want to consider an external flash if you don't have one, since the 5DII doesn't have a flash at all.

Thanks! I have the old EX430 so I'm good for a flash - my old camera I only used the pop-up in emergency situations.

I was looking at the 70-200mm f/4 L IS a couple of days ago...more within my price range for now

Another topic: What CF cards have you/do you prefer. I suppose it depends how often you exceed the buffer but I'm just curious.

Damian

The 70-200mm f/4L IS would be a perfect complement to the 24-105mm f/4L. Now you just need to talk the misses into it. []

I
    - Trowski

Often I edit that, adding other quote tags where I want them, and deleting irrelevant parts of the post.

If you select text, then hit quote, it will make a quote of that part of the text, so no editing is required.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

The 70-200mm f/4L IS would be a perfect complement to the 24-105mm f/4L. Now you just need to talk the misses into it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Ha ha, she already suggested that this be the last major "camera gear" purchase until next year (hee hee, thats only 7 weeks away)

Been reading a lot on CF cards: It seems the real advantages of the fast cards really only come into play ifyour bursts are significantly longer than what your buffer can hold (I think the 5D II's buffer holds 8 RAW shots).

Cheers

Damian

I think the 5D II's buffer holds 8 RAW shots

A little more than that - the spec is 8 shots of RAW+JPG, but 13-14 with just RAW (personally I get ~15 at full frame rate before it slows down). Fast cards also allow you to transfer your images to the computer much faster.

Thanks Neuro (John, right?). I was just quoting what I