Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Self Introduction

Don't know where else to put this so I guess I'll do it here. I'm new here but not exactly new to photography. My Name is Tim Kerr and I am just a simple photography enthusiast/hobbyist and in no way an expert on the matter. I come here to learn from others just as I hope I can contribute some day to help others with less experience than I.

In addition to amateur photography I am also an amateur astronomy enthusiast / star-gazer; Put the two hobbies together and you have a amateur astrophotographer also.

If you care to view some of my photography, you can find it here. >> Photoshop.com/TimKerr_Photography

I do hope to share, learn and be able to help when I can. I hope to find some familiar names around here, and I am sure some here might already be familiar with me from other forums.

Have A Nice ...

Tim.

Re: Self Introduction

Ah, good. An astrophotographer. (I take some astrophotos, but there not good enough that I would call myself an astrophotographer )

Welcome to the forum, Tim.

Welcome, Tim! I too am a fellow astronomer. My 1250mm f/5 dob is very similar to your Orion. I use it for wildlife photography sometimes with a T-ring and 5D2 (and people think their 70-200 is too big and heavy!). I mostly do the non-motorized types of astrophotography; they

Hello, and welcome to this forum! It is a fantastic place to learn!

Welcome to the Forum Tim! Looking forward to some posted astro-shots (and, of course, any others)

Damian

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Welcome Tim. I took a look at some of your shots and WOW. Nice stuff. I personally don
    Bob

Tim,

Welcome! I took a look at your astrophotography on the provided website. Truly amazing stuff. I am looking forward to what you will have to share!

Cheers,

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Thank you for the friendly welcome everyone. I will be glad to share some of my astrophotography when I can. Hopefully I will get a chance soon to get back out there with the telescopes and camera to capture something.

Welcome to the forum Tim

I notice you are using a 50D but I did see one sunset from an XT. All look great. I am amazed how you and some others here get within 10 feet of wildlife.

Mark
    Mark

I started with a Digital Rebel XT/350D then later got myself a 50D which along with the EF 100-400mm lens is my primary now.

I don't always get within 10 feet of wildlife, and even when I do I still use the 100-400mm L IS lens. Those places and times I do get close to the wildlife it is actually the other way around. I have to sit patiently and allow them to come close to me. Some of the duck and geese pictures were taken at a wildlife sanctuary and many of the bird pictures were taken from my front porch I have all kinds of bird feeders hanging in and around a tree about 10 feet from the porch that attracts them to me.

This little critter has no problem with getting close to people. He is so used to people and being hand fed he will climb right up your leg. I wasn't aware of that the first time I met him, and was quite surprised when it came running up my leg.