Thread: Noise Reduction Software?

Noise Reduction Software?

I was wondering what people recommend for noise reduction software. I use Aperture 3.1 which has some NR built in, but it's very limited. It works for most of my needs, but this past Saturday night I shot a couple of Football Games under the Stadium Lights and the photos look pretty noisy. I downloaded Noise Ninja last night and I was very impressedwith the results, but before I shell out $80 I am certainly open to other suggestions.

I was also checking out Noiseware, but I didn't try it yet as it was getting too late. I would like the program to seemlessly mesh with Aperture (perhaps a plugin), and if it is compatible with Lightroom and Photoshop that would be a plus, because I have a feeling that I will be heading down that path very soon. I'm trying to avoid exporting the photos to a seperate program entirely. Batch NR processing would also be a great feature. If LR3 is as good as the other programs that I mentioned regarding NR, then that would ceratinly be an option as well.

I'm also drinking the "Apple Cider," since I have a MAC.

I look forward to your responses.

Rich

Re: Noise Reduction Software?

Noise Ninja has a plugin for Aperture. They have a trail version too.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/aperture/noiseninjaforaperture.html

Paul

Thanks Paul, I guess you didn't read past my 3rd sentence. [] (LOL)

Crap! See what I get for skimming! LOL I was in a big hurry to be the first to respond!! [:$]

I use NoiseNinja with Photoshop for years and I am rather satisfied with it. Nowadays, there is plenty of new programs. Some of them use newer and more sophisticated algorithms. I am about to try them all. Especially Neat Image and Topaz DeNoise.

Hey Firestarter,

Your input here is greatly appreciated. Topaz DeNoise looks like a wonderful recommendation according to the rave reviews and passionate discussions on "Other Forums." I

You