Quote Originally Posted by Bill W

Firestarter; why do you "never directly download from the camera"? Maybe it is my imagination, but the pix seem to download faster camera to LR w/my setup.

Well, the reason I always use a card-reader is an old habit from the time I was shooting many more photos than I do now. I just didn't want to tie up my camera doing unproductive transfer and draining the battery at the same time. Back then, reading and writing speeds of memory cards were much slower than they are now. Besides, I believe that the transfer between camera and computer is done via a USB2 cable (am I wrong?). I use FireWire readers, so my way of transferring gigabytes of photos is actually faster.

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by tkerr

I don't understand what you mean that Bridge always got in your way. For me it works seamlessly together with Camera RAW and Photoshop.

<div>I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. Bridge is a separate application that has to be learned and used in addition to Photoshop. I much preferred to use the file browser integrated in earlier versions of Photoshop CS. I hear that in CS5 Adobe revived that idea (mini-Bridge). When Lightroom came along, Bridge became obsolete for me. I like Lightroom's all-inclusive workflow much better.</div>
</div>