Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Economic conditions effect the price of Canon Lens?

Re: Economic conditions effect the price of Canon Lens?

I asked a similar question the other day/week. Prices in the UK for gear has gone up significantly - best street price in January for a 300mm f2.8 ~£2900 - same shop is now ~£3700.

Second hand on ebay are rare anyway, but don't seem to have altered much or gone up. But it does depend on the popularity of the gear!

How can that be true when euro is worth more than usd?

Quote Originally Posted by siv

The word out in the far-east is Canon accessories would go up by 4% come Feb. Haven't a clue about the overall sales numbers but 5DII's appear to be selling well.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yeah I've heard that they will go up 4% just before the "Cashback" and the Cashback will hide this development. I have seen some changes here in Sweden aswell. I was thinkin about buying the 5DMkII but now I do not know. We have not had the Cashback here in Sweden since last spring.

If you refering they will put higher price for the product I don't think so...

I also live in Sweden and don't see any diff.

I have been lookin on one specific lens and I've seen the price go up. I do hope you are correct and that they will not put a general higher price (more then the lens I've seen).

I buying stuff at cyberphoto, foto video and allradio. Haven't changed anything at all

We don't get 'Cashback' in Malaysia either. But then the retail prices here vary quite a bit at the discretion of the store. So 4% may very easily be hidden by the discounts allowed at these stores; and nobody pays MSRP here.

And lenses aside, I too am waiting for the 5DMII to drop from its original sticker price...

5D Mark II is good, overall but Im gonna wait for announce ment of new cameras.

17 Feb and xxxD or xxxxD series will be replaced with a new one. 500D? But for sure it's gonna come another camera similar to 5D Mark II, perhaps on announce ment 17 or late 2009 almost 2010.

7D perhaps

L33t

How can that be true when euro is worth more than usd?

How is what true? just because the EURO is worth more then the USD doesnt mean that it isnt weak against the USD. It has always been worth more. But as of Jan 09 one USD can by.744 EUR but as of Jan 08 one USD can only by .68 EUR.

Therefore EUR has weaken

How your local currency is performing against the yenwill bethe real factor in price changes. Compared to the USD the yen has gained significant strength recently.

I work for Nissan North America in the Canton, MS assembly plant. We seem to be in a unique circumstance and may eventually find ourselves building additional products that are currently being imported from Japan.

Canon doesn't have this option and willhave no choice but to pass the cost on to the consumer.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9