Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Economic conditions effect the price of Canon Lens?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Economic conditions effect the price of Canon Lens?

So we are in a global economic recession. what kinda of effect if any willthis have onthe price of new canon lenses, or used ones.

Does anyone know how Canon is doing in terms of sales?

Re: Economic conditions effect the price of Canon Lens?

The word out in the far-east is Canon accessories would go up by 4% come Feb. Haven't a clue about the overall sales numbers but 5DII's appear to be selling well.

isnt that weird? People are cutting back on spending, and prices for other stuff are going down or heavily discounted esp(clothes). but not DSLR Lenses and equipment.

Have this economy effected anyone's buying d<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]ecisions?

China's currency is still tied to the dollar.

Japan's is not...

Stuff at Walmart, still cheap.

Stuff made in America, rare, but a weak dollar makes it easier to export, doesn't change much for domestic prices.

Stuff made in Japan, gets more expensive, assuming their currency doesn't tank as quickly as ours

actually the Yen and USD is very strong right now. EUR is weak.

but yea.. i am reconsidering buying anohter L lens because of the uncertinty these days..

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]Japanese manufactures (Sony, Panasonic, ect.) is actually taking a big hit overseas profit due to the strong yen <o></o>

How can that be true when euro is worth more than usd?

Quote Originally Posted by siv

The word out in the far-east is Canon accessories would go up by 4% come Feb. Haven't a clue about the overall sales numbers but 5DII's appear to be selling well.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yeah I've heard that they will go up 4% just before the "Cashback" and the Cashback will hide this development. I have seen some changes here in Sweden aswell. I was thinkin about buying the 5DMkII but now I do not know. We have not had the Cashback here in Sweden since last spring.

If you refering they will put higher price for the product I don't think so...

I also live in Sweden and don't see any diff.

I have been lookin on one specific lens and I've seen the price go up. I do hope you are correct and that they will not put a general higher price (more then the lens I've seen).