Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos of My Granddaughter - C&C Please!

Photos of My Granddaughter - C&C Please!

Hi All -

I am babysitting my granddaughter for a few hours this afternoon and took a few quick photos (of course)! She is not one to sit still for too long so I did not bother setting up lights on stands or backgrounds or anything like that. I am using a 580ex II on camera.

Here's a few of what I was able to take so far. Am I on the right track at all? Does the lighting look ok?? It seems alittle "washed out" to me. I changed the setting in post processing to Canon's "Studio" setting which is the first time I used it.

She'll be here for a few hours yet and I am hoping to have at least one printed before my daughter picks her up. Well, gotta go ...I don't get to see her too often since she lives out of town. I'll check back in a bit ...I'm off to watch Shark Tail!

thanks for viewing and commenting!

Denise

Re: Photos of My Granddaughter - C&C Please!

Hi Denise, great job, beautiful little princess.

C&C from a rookie, probably not too helpful but,

The last two are my favourites. Good eye contact with the last and then thecontemplative stare on the second last one is thought provoking.

Her jumper does not contrast enough with the sofa she is lying on. Something that makes her "pop" would have been more eye catching.

Have you got any sort of filter/stofen on the 580?

Very nice portraits.[Y]
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

She

Great shots!. I would just add some post processing to soften them slightly and possibly warm them up just a smidge.

She has got some great poses!

I like the 4th adn 5th the best - great expressions.

My only other thought would be that when she looks away from the lens to not look above but to the side - IMO It works for me on the 4th but the others not so much.

Please take my suggestions with a grain of salt - im am far form a postiion to judge. overall nice shots.

what lens and body?

MattG

Thanks, guys!

Thank you so much for the advice! I asked her if she wanted to change her shirt and take more pictures but I got a very polite "no"! I made it sound like it would be the most fun thing in the world to do but still ..."no"! I think photo time is over! []

All shots were taken with a 7D and 35mm f/1.4L except the last one was with my Canon 85mm f/1.8. I did not have a stofen on the flash but I did bounce it off the ceiling. Slight light coming from the window and a lamp turned on low camera right.

Ok, now on to legos!!

Denise

Great pics, Denise! I like the first and last ones the best.

Have fun playing!

Nice job Denise! [Y]

She is too cute not to like them all, but if pushed, I would pick the the fifth one. Personally, I do not care for the fourth, pretty little girls should always be smiling.[]

Chris

Should have guessed it was a 7D!!!! Very nice!

Here's one of my favorites so far ...

Well, her mom came to get her and I ended up printing the last one above. She loved it! I think she was alittle shocked her mom actually took it!!

Anyway, thanks so much for the C&C! Next time, I think I will tell her mom to dress her in anything by tan and I need to work on where I position myself to where she is looking at the moment.

With the one photo being taken with the Canon 85mm, that Sigma #2 is going to have to be pretty darn good when I get it to make me part with this one!

Denise