Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Squirrel shots

Re: Post your best Squirrel shots

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151

Squirrels are pretty common stupid things that I tend to photograph when I'm bored. Anyone else?

Canon 40D, 200mm, f4, 1/100s
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Good Day All:

Nice photo opportunity &amp; the best made of it. Many other interesting ones followed. It really is an unfortunate thing when we humans refer to animals as being stupid. If you ever really take the time to observe and study your subjects you will find that they are in fact, far from being stupid. Just my $.02 as a professional guide that deal with animals of all kinds on a daily basis.

Godspeed

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide

Squirrels are pretty common stupid things that I tend to photograph when I'm bored. Anyone else?

Canon 40D, 200mm, f4, 1/100s

Good Day All:

Nice photo opportunity &amp; the best made of it. Many other interesting ones followed. It really is an unfortunate thing when we humans refer to animals as being stupid. If you ever really take the time to observe and study your subjects you will find that they are in fact, far from being stupid. Just my $.02 as a professional guide that deal with animals of all kinds on a daily basis.

Godspeed

Wayne

I couldn't agree more. Well Said! [Y]

not a squirrel but pretty close.... an over-fed prairie dog from the badlands, south dakota...

photographed with a canon S40, 6 years ago.

.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2577.1.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5633.2.jpg[/img]

Hi Tim:

I tried to send you a PM but could not figure out how as I did not see the start conversation option on you personal page. So I'll be brief here. Thanks for the support on the animals thing. No offence or criticism intended here for <span class="field-item-description"]dsiegel5151, it is just that when I see people make such statement it just makes me want to take the time to try and get them to look at animals in a different light. Also as a fellow countryman, Thank You for the years of your life that you spent serving our country. If it was not for people such as yourself we would be able to enjoy our lives and Freedom that we now have.We all owe you and your fellow services men and women a great debt of gratitude. <span class="field-item-description"]Thank you very much sir!!!

<span class="field-item-description"]Godspeed

<span class="field-item-description"]Wayne

Wayne, no offense taken. My tone was more of sarcasm anyways. I seem to forget that my joking tone is not picked up on internet forums as easily as in person.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Wayne, no offense taken. My tone was more of sarcasm anyways. I seem to forget that my joking tone is not picked up on internet forums as easily as in person.

Good Day dsiegel5151:

You are SSSSSOOOOOOO correct on that the tonal inflections that we use in direct personal contact aren't picked up with the written word. I've messed up on that more than a few times, and I'll bet that if you ask any person that frequents forums or blogs they will admit that they have had a similar experience. So no harm no foul &amp; glad we now know where each of us are coming from.

Have A Great Turkey Day Everyone

Godspeed

Wayne

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

Squirrels are great: they are cute, easy to photograph, and most people like them.

here are 3 of my favorites that I have taken. (not cropped or edited)

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8836.IMG_5F00_1508.jpg[/img]

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Kasey.PC464612044107/Desktop/Feb%20163%20copy.jpg[/img][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0488.Feb-163-copy.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7563.09-237-copy_2D00_1.jpg[/img]

I was digging some old pictures for the the Assignment of "Motion Blur" and found this little guy

Rebel Xsi, 70-200mm 4.0, f4.0,1/400s,ISO 200

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6403._5F00_MG_5F00_0266.jpg[/img]

thanks for viewing!

I took this shot over the weekend and thought of this thread.....[]

7D, 100-400L @ 200 mm, 1/320, f/5, ISO 250

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1854.Squirrel-IMG_5F00_0819pp.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7802.IMG_5F00_0020.jpg[/img]

Camera Maker: Canon
    Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
    Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
    Image Date: 2011-04-30 14:14:24 +0000
    Focal Length: 105mm
    Aperture: f/4.5
    Exposure Time: 0.020 s (1/50)
    ISO equiv: 100
    Exposure Bias: none
    Metering Mode: Matrix
    Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
    White Balance: Auto