Thread: First few shots

First few shots

Hello everyone

This is the first time i've put any shots on here. I'm fairly new to all this so would love to know what you think. I'm not good at post processing so any tips would be great.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6837.IMG_5F00_0539ab.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6327.IMG_5F00_1098a100.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/8228.IMG_5F00_1085a100.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/5857.IMG_5F00_1395a100.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/5140.IMG_5F00_1440b.JPG[/img]

Thanks very much

Edd

Re: First few shots

I like the first one, and the moon one is really good looking, i enjoy the deep depth one of the moon. Some might like the moon over a little or crop some of the black out.

I am not a fan of so much empty black space such as your moon shot, or the long narrow crops for that matter. Even when using the rule of thirds when cropping I prefer to have the Moon more toward center of one third, right or left depending on the phase..

Very nice capture with the first one, but once again, not a fan of long narrow crops. But that

I think the crop works in the first one, I like it the best its a nice catch

The Moon, might be a good crop if you were printing off a book mark. Honestly I don

Hi everyone

Thanks for your comments, keep them coming i like to learn!

Forgot to add camera settings so here they are:

Dandylion: f4.5, 1/800sec, ISO800

Waterfall 1: f22, 1sec, ISO100

Waterfall2: f29, 3.2sec, ISO100

Waterfall 3: f18, 0.5sec, ISO200

Moon: f8, 1/250sec, ISO400

Thanks

Edd

Nice pictures, personally I especially like the first two, although the first is perhaps a bit too tightly cropped (for my taste).

I

Hi everyone

Colin thanks verymuch for the comments. The first water fall shot is taken with a 450d at 20mm on a 18-55mm

This is the uncropped version of shot 1, I just like the 3:1 ratio

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3632.IMG_5F00_0539a.JPG[/img]

Thanks for looking

Edd

Hi Edd,

I really like the original dandylion crop for its own merits and further on seeing the original it removes the distracting higlights from the top. Have you considered a 2.5 : 1 crop from the left side (I mean cut some off the right side) to bring the right edge as close to the floating seed as the left edge is to the dandylion?

You could try the second waterfall shot again with a polarising filter to cut the sky reflection on the wet rocks. You should get deeper colour from them then.

Nice shots.

Paul.

Paul

It's one of my favourite pictures and i have tried cropping it lots of ways. I have tried cropping it like you suggest and like it also.

When I took the waterfall pics I didn't have a circular polarising filter but have just got one so will try the shots again

Thanks for your comments

Edd