Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customer Service

Re: Customer Service

Good to hear of your positive experience with our CS department, Keith; I've copied your posting to the Team Manager, who I know will want to share it with his CS team.

Helen Oster

HelenO@adorama.com
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Hi Helen

I

Ok, I think I

Sounds like you got the guy that handled my return.

My next purchase will be the 135L and it will come from Adorama.

I am [:|]

I'll bet your [8o|]
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I guess get the customer service dept. on a good day at B&H, you will most likely have a great experience but get them on a bad day and they have no qualms with making their problem, your problem!

That's just not acceptable! I'm sorry you had that experience, Denise.

I've just sent them an email on a separate issue - I've been looking for a very dark (10-stop) ND filter in 82mm to use with the TS-E 24mm and the 16-35mm II. I searched the B&H catalog for 82mm B+W filters, and was thrilled to find a B+W 82mm #110 Slim filter listed - but also surprised because I didn't think B+W made one. When I searched for what B&H lists as the manufacturer part number, turns out B+W shows that as an 82mm Slim #101 - a 1-stop filter and thus a far cry from what I'm looking for (and as I suspected, the B+W catalog does not show anything denser than a #102/2-stop in 82mm). Maybe it's a custom filter, but either way the B&H online catalog is wrong - and if you place the order, you get charged when you place it, and don't get the (maybe incorrect) filter for a couple of months!

So, we'll see what they say...and how long it takes them to reply...

Good luck with your return and your replacement 135L! I'll let you know how mine does when I receive it next week...

--John

I finally was able to get thru to someone that had the time for me and decided to ask for a refund. Then I'll order it elsewhere. You will have yours before I receive my 2nd one so I look forward to hearing how it works out for you. I just couldn't bring myself to spend close to $1000 w/ someone that just hung up on me hours earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    I've been looking for a very dark (10-stop) ND filter in 82mm to use with the TS-E 24mm and the 16-35mm II.
    I don't know if you'd be interested but I like the Genus fader filter I just received. Although, it has seen limited use, since I bought it for the 135L, I liked the convenience of being able to change the strength.

http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/genus-nd-neutral-density-fader-filter.html

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I don't know if you'd be interested but I like the Genus fader filter I just received. Although, it has seen limited use, since I bought it for the 135L, I liked the convenience of being able to change the strength.

Thanks for the suggestion, Denise! I would consider a variable ND filter for use with some lenses - in fact, the 35L, 85L, and 135L would be good candidates, and all share the same filter size, too. However, for the 16-35mm II and TS-E 24mm I don't think they'd work very well. A variable ND is basically a pair of polarizers, and if you've tried using a CPL on your 10-22mm, you may have noticed the uneven polarization effect which occurs with angles of view wider than ~28mm (FF equivalent). With a variable ND filter, that same effect manifests as a 'cross pattern' at higher ND strengths on wide angle lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    and if you've tried using a CPL on your 10-22mm, you may have noticed the uneven polarization effect which occurs with angles of view wider than ~28mm (FF equivalent).
    I don't have a 10-22mm so nope never noticed! [:P] Actually, I know what you mean and thanks for the info that may come in handy later on down the road! I'm glad I bought mine with the intent of using it on the proper lens!

Denise

Oops - thought you had an UWA zoom! Even the 17-55mm, you'd probably not notice anything.

Here's an example I pulled from a POTN post, shot on a 5DII with a 24-105mm @ 24mm: