Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
If I was going to ask a "why", it would be "why don't they stop going out of their way to foul up the cameras?" -- after that I might ask why don't they do the easy things to improve their camera.

Daniel

I have a theory, Canon technology is actually far ahead of what is in the cameras today. They either dumb down or under design on purpose. They do this so each cameras and lenses fits its place in the lineup. Technology is only put in to the cameras and lenses when it is profitable to do so. If they put all they could do out at once, the competitors would work harder to catch up, and a technology war would result. ....How else could you explain, that with a 7D you can do a lot of post process adjustments to make it almost as good as the 5D's. I got my new 1D Mark IV today, the pics coming out of it are very nice. Not much at all needs to be done with them. In fact if you do to much it takes away. The 5D is the same way......Did Canon do this on purpose? Did they not want the 7D's pictures to look close to the 5D's or 1D's because if they did they would loose sales?

Easy doesn't always make money. What makes the most money is what will be done.

Rick