Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Assignment 15: Motion Blur -- Congratulations Sean Setters

Re: Assignment 15: Motion Blur

I think Dan is getting input from the judges to narrow down a list of finalists. I imagine he

Hoping we begin to vote soon and looking forward to another assignment.

Matt

I have no access to do anything so at this point i

Perhaps Dan isn
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

**Small update**

Yesterday I contacted Freelanceshots about this and he already send me his list of favorites, so in theory we're good to go.

Unfortunately I had no time left to mail Dan Fleming, so I will do that now. Hopefully we'll hear back from him as soon as possible and hopefully he can make the poll himself.

Since the time-difference is present (it's almost 9 in the morning here and my college is about to start ) it might take some time before the poll is online. Please be patient.

If Dan shouldn't be able to adjust the assignment for what reason possible, I will contact any of the other admins to do so. (starting with David [A])

Hopefully this update is of some use. You'll all be updated as soon as I know more.

Congratulations to the 5 finalists! May the best one win! [Y]

Re: Assignment 15: Motion Blur -- NOW VOTING

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fleming

Andy Stringer

Because of the precision to capture a wild tiger with a fast enough shutter to capture the head but still blur the body to show movement. A completely still image would be boring. Could use some contrast and saturation which would make it more eye popping.
    I'm flattered that the judges included my shot, which was my first ever post here at TDP. Just to clarify, though, I have never seen a tiger in the wild. My subject was a lioness.

Thanks for the comments on contrast and saturation, Dan. The photography "expert" on the safari hated any sort of post-processing, and I was ridiculed at the time for saying that I sometimes increase saturation, so I left the image alone apart from a crop. Maybe the lesson here is to trust my own instincts. Just remember, folks, you're voting for the motion blur not the post processing!

Congratulations to the other finalists too, they are all excellent shots in different ways. It's great to see the different interpretations of the theme.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-11-2011 at 05:14 PM.

I too am flattered to have a shot selected as a finalist. The shot of the boy (my son) in the swing has no PP other than a curves adjustment. The almost impressionistic blurred background, I believe, is the result of shooting at 17mm from such close range to the subject. I was not expecting such a cool effect when I took the shot.

Congrats to the other finalists too. Fun assignment.

Brian

Congrats to all finalists!