Thread: Lorikeets in the back yard, C&C please

Lorikeets in the back yard, C&C please

Took these on the weekend, tried hard to get the birds isolated on a twig like the great bird shots you see on this site, but I struggled. Maybe just not patient enough.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0160.IMG_5F00_5310_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

@400mm f5.6 1/200sec ISO400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/2376.IMG_5F00_5299_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

@400mm 5.6 1/250sec ISO400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/7266.IMG_5F00_5459_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

@400mm f5.6 1/40sec ISO100

It was a rainy weekend and it is summer here, couldn't get the shutter speed much faster on the top two.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: Lorikeets in the back yard, C&C please

Steve -

Nice set of shots. Bird photography is terribly difficult, and I

These are beautiful! #1 is my favorite but I do think a little more branch woud be beneficial also.

Summer now & beautiful birds like this ...I know where I need to move to!! 15 degrees here tonight in SE Wisconsin and most of the smart birds have flown south by now!

Denise

Thank you Johnathan and Denise, I did crop number 1 a bit, but it was more of a left and right side of the bird crop, not much in height. The original is framed very similar to the second shot.

But I think I get what you mean, if the original was in portrait and not as tight it may have been more traditional bird framing. Or did I crop too tight?

Guys like Nate must work very hard to get their images, I blazed away with the shutter and than just had to delete so many. Patience and dedication, gotta work on that.

It is very warm and wet here at the moment, grass is growing like anything, nearly have to mow twice a week.

Cheers,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Okay now seeing the full frame image, I