Thread: >Canon EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye Lens ideas.

>Canon EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye Lens ideas.

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye Lens I am seriously considering this lens in the future, but I still need to see more reviews and samples. will anyone know where I can get legit samples? I do enjoy the 35mm L but this lens seems to offer a lot of interesting views! 8 would be insane and 15mm would be considered normal fisheye to many, so i wonder if it would work for general use on fullframe? im sure portraits would not be very ideal, unless you use a 1.3 0r other crop? this might actual make me consider a trade to the crop in order to get a sort of best of both worlds using this lens and perhaps the excellent 85mm 1.8 for the rest! a decent 50d can be had for very low price these days, or the true and tested 40d i previously owned! this way i will be able to use the 85mm 1.8 for most things, and the 8-15mm for fun and L quality offerings! i shall see! would using this as a way to achieve near fish eye on a crop and near 35mm be logical? i understand the f/4 is not large but wouldnt flash fix that? thanks

Re: Attn. Bryan Carnathan>Canon EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye Lens ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SalazarGarzaCapitalist
    Canon EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye Lens I am seriously considering this lens in the future, but I still need to see more reviews and samples. will anyone know where I can get legit samples?

You can't. The EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye lens was announced a while back, and was supposed to be available in January, 2011. Canon announced that it would be delayed until March, 2011.

i wonder if it would work for general use on fullframe

It's a fisheye lens. Definitely not for general use, regardless of what body you use it on. Fisheye is a unique look, and likeNaga jolokiachili, it's best when used sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye Lens I am seriously considering this lens in the future, but I still need to see more reviews and samples. will anyone know where I can get legit samples?

You can't. The EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye lens was announced a while back, and was supposed to be available in January, 2011. Canon announced that it would be delayed until March, 2011.

i wonder if it would work for general use on fullframe

It's a fisheye lens. Definitely not for general use, regardless of what body you use it on. Fisheye is a unique look, and likeNaga jolokiachili, it's best when used sparingly.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks Neuro i appreciate the feedback! im sure you're correct about the jolokia

Hey buddy, Bryan Carnathan has an email address. If you want to contact him, please use email.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

This has been a thought floating around in my mind for the last little while. Fisheye lenses provide a very unique field of view and I completely agree - They're best left used sparingly. However, I, personally, find it hard to invest over $1400 (if I'm not mistaken, the initial MSRP was in the neighbourhood of $1400 USD - Am I correct?) in a specialty lens that I plan to use here and there. I suppose this is a case similar to the investment in tilt-shift lenses - They're expensive, high-end specialty lenses, but if you need them and make good use of them, they can be very sound lens investments (Nudge nudge Neuroanatomist and your new TS-E 24 II []). I see these lenses as particularily suitable for HDDSLR's and I speculate that this lens was developed with Canon filmmakers in mind. I'm personally interested in seeing how this lens performs, considering its unique focal range and relatively high position in the lineup as an L zoom lens. I look forward to reading Bryan's review.

Thanks pal, I appreciate the aide. i rehashed the title.