Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lunar Eclipse Tonight

Re: Lunar Eclipse Tonight

Here is my submission--It was my first time to actually work with Layers in CS4. I triedother software software to combine the images but I wasn't smart enough to use the stacking software and the HDR just really distorted the images--so Into PS I flew.

This was my original setup while practicing/preparing for the eclipse--unfortunately clouds moved in so no eclipse shots, so I had to settle for this. The darker moons are caused by clouds during that particularshot. Total 12 shots (1 had to copy from another because it was to dark ) other than that, no brightness, contrast, WB color etc was applied. Just layered and cropped about 20%.

7D, 100-400 @100. ISO 100, F6.3, Shutter @400 on all shots., Tripod, shutter release set at 3 minute intervals.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/6136.moon.jpg[/img]

This is was actually fairly challenging for the first time through--Now I am waiting for a clear nite and a nice horizon to try this again.

Bob
    Bob

Bob

To bad about the clouds, It would have been a really cool looking set up.

So if each shot was 3 minutes apart, this series was 36 minutes with the 100mm?

Rick

Yep, Thats about right. I read that the moon will move its own diameter every two minutes, so I set the timer for 3. And it was taken with the 100-400 @100mm
    Bob