Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STAY AWAY FROM ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9! ERROR! ERROR! ERROR! HELP!

STAY AWAY FROM ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9! ERROR! ERROR! ERROR! HELP!

I am not having a very good night!

I received Adobe Photoshop &Premiere Elements 9 in the mail today. I uninstalled 8 and installed Photoshop Elements 9 first. All went fine!

Then my nightmare began!

I rebooted and attempted to install Premiere Elements 9. First error said it encountered an error while installing shared technologies. I rebooted and attempted to install again and again and again! The last three errors were all the same ...

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/18085870@N07/5284728618/][/url]

First I went to Adobe's website to have a "Live Chat" but all reps are busy ...for the last hour![:@] Then I went to the "Initate a callback" ...turns out that's currently unavailable![8o|]

Then I searched online for this Error 1935. It looks like Adobe is trying to pass the buck pretty much saying it is my computer problem not their problem! Funny how everything else on my computer runs fantastic and I didn't even have any problems installing verision 8 of Premiere when I switched to Windows 7!

This is what I found (although it is for a different program, its still the same error) and I did steps one and two, although I don't see what step 2 has to do with anything! I am afraid to try steps 3 and/or 4!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated![b] And for those that recommended Lightroom 3 ...I hear you loud and clear so you don't have to say I told you so! I should have listened to you!

[/b]
    <h1><span style="font-size: x-small;"]Error "Error 1935...assembly component 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT ..." when installing a CS4 or CS5 product | WindowsProductsaffected</h1>
    <div id="badgeAnchor"]</div>
    <div id="badgeContainer"]<noscript></noscript>
    <div id="ionCom"]
    <div id="ionComHeader"]When you install Creative Suite 4, the More Info dialog box displays the following error:</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div id="main"]
    <div class="p"]
    <div class="p"]

"1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component Microsoft.VC80.CRT [....]".

The error also appears in the main installation log file of Creative Suite 4 or 5 products. The following conditions sometimes apply:
    • The Windows Update window was closed during the installation process.
    • Windows Updates are set to Automatically Download.

<h3 id="main_Solution"]Solutions</h3>
    <h4 id="main_Solution_1__Restart_the_computer_"]Solution 1: Restart the computer.</h4>

Restart your system and begin the Creative Suite product installation again.
    <h4 id="main_Solution_2__Temporarily_set_Windows_Updat es_to_manual_"]Solution 2: Temporarily set Windows Updates to manual.</h4>
    1. Click Start, right-click (My) Computer, and select Properties.
    2. From the Windows Updates section, set the updates so that they're applied manually.
    3. Restart your system and begin the Creative Suite product installation again.You can restore your Windows Update settings after the product has installed successfully.

<p class="p"]
    <p class="p"]
    <h4 id="main_Solution_3__Repair_the_Microsoft_Windows_ Installer_"]Solution 3: Repair the Microsoft Windows Installer.</h4>

[list=1][*]Repair the Windows Installer.
    [list][*]Windows XP/Vista [list=1][*]Download the newest [url="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372856%28v=VS.85%29.aspx]Microsoft Windows Installer Redistributable pack[/url].[/list][*][b]Windows 7[/b] [list=1][*]Check for the existence of the following file:
    C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe[*]If the above mentioned file is not present, search for "TrustedInstaller.exe" on your computer, and copy an instance of it into the "servicing" folder mentioned above.[*]Click Start, type [b]sfc /SCANNOW[/b] in the search field, and press Enter.[*]When the window closes, click Start, type[b]msiexec /unreg[/b] in the search field, and press Enter.[*]Click Start, type[b]msiexec /regserver[/b]in the search field, and press Enter.[/list][/list]
    [*]After the process completes, verify that the Windows Installer is working by running a Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime installer.[*]Locate your Creative Suite 5 installation media and navigate to the payloads folder. For example, D:\Adobe Master Collection CS5\Adobe CS5\payloads.[*]Open any payloads subfolders whose names start[b]Microsoft_VC[/b].
    [b]Important:[/b] Open a folder ending in x86 on a 32-bit operating system and a folder ending in x64 on a 64-bit operating system. For example, Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 (on a 32-bit operating system) or Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86_x64 (on a 64-bit operating system.)[*]Double-click the Windows installer package to install the Visual Studio runtime.
    [list][*]If an error occurs, search the [url="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?cat=support&amp;loc=en_us]Adobe Knowledgebase[/url].[*]If no errors occur running the Microsoft Visual Studio installer, reinstall Creative Suite 5.[/list]
    [/list]
    <h4 id="main_Solution_4__Uninstall_and_reinstall_the__ net_framework_"]Solution 4: Uninstall and reinstall the .net framework.</h4>

In some cases, the 1935 error results from orphaned registry keys from a different version of the .NET Framework than the one being installed. Uninstalling the .NET frameworks, removing orphaned registry keys that can remain, then reinstalling the .NET Framework can help in this situation.

<span class="achtung"]Disclaimer<span class="achtung"]: This procedure involves modifying the Windows registry. Adobe doesn't provide support for problems caused by improperly modifying the registry, which contains critical information about your system's hardware and software. Before modifying the registry, create a backup of the registry. For more information about the registry, see the documentation in Windows or contact Microsoft.
    1. Close all applications.
    2. Choose Start &gt; Control Panels &gt; Programs and Features.
    3. Locate the .NET Framework installation package, select it and click Uninstall. Allow the uninstall to complete, then repeat for any additional versions of the .NET framework that are found in the list. Finish uninstalling all versions of the .NET Framework before proceeding to the next step.
    4. Click Start, type regedit in the Search text field, and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    5. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to this key and rename or delete it:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramewor k
      NOTE: If you uninstalled the .NET Framework 1.0, also delete the following registry keys if present:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Full
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Product
    6. Reinstall the versions of the .NET Framework you previously uninstalled. Be sure to include the most recent available versions for yourOS, as listed below:
      1. Windows XP: .NET framework 3.0
      2. Windows vista: .NET framework 3.0
      3. Windows 7 .NET framework 3.5 SP1

NOTE: The most current and previous versions of the .NET Framework can be downloaded from [url="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx]Microsoft's .NET Framework Developer Center[/url].
    <h3 id="main_Additional_Information"]Additional Information</h3>

This error mainly occurs when a Creative Suite product installation was initiated while Windows Updates were installing.
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Re: STAY AWAY FROM ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9! ERROR! ERROR! ERROR! HELP!

I have no clue what this issue is, but had a couple of questions since I don

Well, I asked my daughter if I should uninstall 8 first and she said I probably should. Then I read the pamphlet and it said it

Denise,

there wasn

Hi Denise,

I just bought a CD of Premiere Elements 9, too, 2 days ago. Before this, I downloaded that PE 9 tiral version for 30 days and played with a bit. I like it and found it much better than my current Pinnacle Studio v.10.

When I put the CD without uninstalling the trial version, the install wizard made me to uninstall it. So, I simply followed the guidance. Then, only after removing the trial version, it started to install. The procedure took about half and hour but went smoothly till the end. My computer is Windows XP sp3 and I have already Photoshop CS3 on it. So I bought PE 9 only.

I wonder if your problem is related to Photoshop Elements 9? What if you install first PE 9 and then photoshop afterwards, if the error persists?

Hope you

Hi Guys -

I reinstalled both versions of 8 with no problems and it had Camera Raw in it already. It was after 2 am when it all finally finsihed so now I'm onto install 9. What a great thing to wake up to!

Wish me luck!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Htet Kyi
    I like it and found it much better than my current Pinnacle Studio v.10.

I have Pinnacle studio plus ultimate ver. 12 - If I ever get PE installed hopefully I will like it better!

Well, all installed beautifully! Thanks again Jayson for recommending I re-install 8!! I don't know what I would have done if I had already sold it! PSE even came with the Camera RAW and I did not have to install it seperately but I did run updates which I think gave me a more current version!

So all is good ...with the installation finally but now all I have to do is learn it! Here's the very first two quick things I did just to try it out (only the special effects) post processing will have to wait until I get the book I ordered!

There not the best ...I guess it will take some practice and patience which I have to learn also! Plus these weren't the greatest pics, I just grabbed something randomly to try it out! Sure wish the last one was sharp!

Thanks for all your help!

Denise

Ok now that
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Guess I spoke too soon!

This is what comes up when I opened Premiere. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this problem, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Denise, If your running Windows 7, do this:

right click on "my computer"

Click on "Manage"

Click on "Device Manager"

Click on "Display Adapter"

Double click on the display adapter listed to open the properties dialog box

Select "driver" from the top tab

Click "update driver" and follow instructions

Let me know if this works---

Good luck,

Bob
    Bob