Thread: STAY AWAY FROM ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9! ERROR! ERROR! ERROR! HELP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: STAY AWAY FROM ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9! ERROR! ERROR! ERROR! HELP!

Hi Denise,

I just bought a CD of Premiere Elements 9, too, 2 days ago. Before this, I downloaded that PE 9 tiral version for 30 days and played with a bit. I like it and found it much better than my current Pinnacle Studio v.10.

When I put the CD without uninstalling the trial version, the install wizard made me to uninstall it. So, I simply followed the guidance. Then, only after removing the trial version, it started to install. The procedure took about half and hour but went smoothly till the end. My computer is Windows XP sp3 and I have already Photoshop CS3 on it. So I bought PE 9 only.

I wonder if your problem is related to Photoshop Elements 9? What if you install first PE 9 and then photoshop afterwards, if the error persists?

Hope you

Hi Guys -

I reinstalled both versions of 8 with no problems and it had Camera Raw in it already. It was after 2 am when it all finally finsihed so now I'm onto install 9. What a great thing to wake up to!

Wish me luck!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Htet Kyi
    I like it and found it much better than my current Pinnacle Studio v.10.

I have Pinnacle studio plus ultimate ver. 12 - If I ever get PE installed hopefully I will like it better!

Well, all installed beautifully! Thanks again Jayson for recommending I re-install 8!! I don't know what I would have done if I had already sold it! PSE even came with the Camera RAW and I did not have to install it seperately but I did run updates which I think gave me a more current version!

So all is good ...with the installation finally but now all I have to do is learn it! Here's the very first two quick things I did just to try it out (only the special effects) post processing will have to wait until I get the book I ordered!

There not the best ...I guess it will take some practice and patience which I have to learn also! Plus these weren't the greatest pics, I just grabbed something randomly to try it out! Sure wish the last one was sharp!

Thanks for all your help!

Denise

Ok now that
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Guess I spoke too soon!

This is what comes up when I opened Premiere. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this problem, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Denise, If your running Windows 7, do this:

right click on "my computer"

Click on "Manage"

Click on "Device Manager"

Click on "Display Adapter"

Double click on the display adapter listed to open the properties dialog box

Select "driver" from the top tab

Click "update driver" and follow instructions

Let me know if this works---

Good luck,

Bob
    Bob

Hi Bob -

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried it and it says Windows has determined that I have the best driver for my device. NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE.

Still, thanks for the suggestion!

Denise