This is suppose to be one of the sharpest lenses Canon has to offer isn't it? I will take my Sigma 85mm any day in comparison to what I am getting from the 135L!

I realize both don't have IS but I can shoot at 1/30 handheld with the Sigma and still get some keepers. So, then I thought ok wellmaybe it is because the 135mm is longer and harder for me to handhold with any stability so I put it on a tripod and still the same thing, totally out of focus shots!

I did the micro adjustment thing with a paper ruler taped to the table and thougth +3 was ok but now using this is real world shots its not. I've set it at everything from -5 to +5 and nothing looks good!

I am thinking I should send this baby back for a refund!

This was shot at +5 using a tripod and he is standing very still - unedited, f/2, 1/1250, focus is on his left eye ... If you click on the photo, you can see a larger version in flickr. Is it just my eyesight or does his butt look more in-focus than his eye?

I have others of plant branches, flower hook, anything I could think of to focus on at various microadjustment settings but nothing higher than +5 and they all look just as bad!

Denise