Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 135L - I can't get a sharp shot no matter what :(

Re: 135L - I can't get a sharp shot no matter what :(

Thanks Mark & Justin!

It

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme

Shot with a MKIII 1/125 f2 ISO400from about 5 ft with IS on.

I know I'm nitpicking here on a pet peeve of mine, but is that the 1D Mark III, a 1Ds Mark III, a double-secret copy of the 5D Mark III, etc.? There are already two "Mark III" camera models out there, and the rumor mill suggests there'll be more; giving us the full info will help in the future (if not now).
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Pardon my assuptions. When I refer to a MKIII its a Canon EOS 1D Mark III which I currently use as a second shooting sports. I shot that photo about a week before picking up the 1d MKIV. I have a 5DII but Im looking to move it in a trade. Im too spoiled on the 45pt AF of the 1D bodies and its just not working out for me. Im going to put FF to the side for now and probably pick up a used 1DsIII when the 1Ds IV comes out and the used price drops. I have a 1D MKIV that will suit the the high ISO purposes as well as if not better than the 5DII. I like having FF available for certain types of shots but those certain shots are also the least of what I shoot and can easily fill the billet with the APS-H sensor of the 1D MKIV or the 1D MKIII.

Im always referring to MKIII or MKIV and when I refer to the FF I put the 1Ds in front of it. Sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme

Im always referring to MKIII or MKIV and when I refer to the FF I put the 1Ds in front of it. Sorry for any confusion.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Understood, having read this blurb. But lots of people might read the original post, or who knows how many other posts you've written, without reading this little explanation.

And if, by chance, a 5D Mark III comes out in the next few months, and if, by chance, someone reads this thread after that point, they really won't know which camera you mean. They might narrow it from three choices to two by comparing the date to the announce/release dates of the 5D3, or they might not.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Im sure if anyone cant figure it out or their interest it tweaked and my script too lazy they will ask as you have. ;o)