Thread: online storage for sharing photos...

online storage for sharing photos...

Hello everyone, and good evening,morning,noon? I was wondering if there are any online storage's that allow the ability to share my photos with family or others while allowing it to keep its actual file size,and information? for instance will photobucket, or flikr allow my photos to be store and still keep their actual file sizes and not downgraded or compressed to unusual printable standards? i appreciate any tips or information! i do have an online email account that allows up to 25gb of free storage but i think it may compress my files?

Re: online storage for sharing photos...

That depends on what kind of account you have, free vs payed. I use photobucket and as long as my image size doesn't exceed 1 megabyte or 2048x1536. And I the free account allows you 500mb storage space, and pro(paid) allows unlimited storage space. which is more than enough for each picture.

Keep your image sizes down to a reasonable size and you can store a lot of images in 500mb.

Do you use Photoshop and have it registered? If you do you already of an account to use Photoshop.com to store your pictures.

Hi There.

MiMedia - www.mimedia.com - does exactly what you are looking for, that is secure storage and universal access of all your media files including photos. Importantly we facilitate the sharing of the native picture file in full resolution. You can learn more at www.mimedia.com.

Full Disclosure - I am one of the founders of the company and therefore am a bit biased. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Fred Clark

I have used several photo sharing websites. From experience I can tell Smugmug is the best. Unfortunaly it's not for free. Professional photographers are also using it. Smugmug always keep a original of you photo. The cheapest membership offers unlimited space. You can have a look at my website for example.

My website