Thread: Repair Company Recommendation (40d pin damage)

Repair Company Recommendation (40d pin damage)

Can anyone recommend a reputable and certified camera repair company that can replace the cf reader in a 40d? I just bought the camera and apparently the seller bent one of the pins in her haste to ship it out before Christmas. Other than that, the camera is like new condition(8K actuations). She has agreed to pay for the repairs up to a certain amount, otherwise it's a return for her to attempt a local fix.

I could not get the camera to turn on but came to realize it would with no cf card installed and then removing/replacing the battery.Upon inspecting the cf reader I noticed one of the pins was bent and/or missing.

Thanks, Ralph

Re: Repair Company Recommendation (40d pin damage)

Ummm Canon maybe? Those guys seem to know a lot about Canon cameras. Generally canon repair has a pretty quick turnaround and the cost of repair isn
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Hi Ralph III

+1 for btaylor
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Thanks for the input.

I have sent the camera to Canon for an estimate on fixing it. I could send it elsewhere for repair but in this instance I trust Canon to be thorough. BTW, the camera does turn on and everything appears to function perfectly, with exception of the cf reader. It just will not turn on if there is a cf card installed or immediately after the cf door has been opened/closed. You have to perform a reset for it to come back on and is apparentlycommon for this issue asI have read.

The seller is a professional photog and has been fully cooperative, which includes an open offer for a full refund. It was a backup to her 7d and rarely used as it shows. Anyhow, we'll see how it goes.....