Thread: Vivian Maier-Street Photographer

Vivian Maier-Street Photographer

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Jon Courtney Posted this on fredmiranda.com---I thought some of you may be interested in this as well&mdash;Very Touching.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]If you are willing to give up 9 minutes of your life, and are at all passionate about people photography....you need to watch this! It is an amazing story.

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=42,8,80&amp;pid=A1hO97qcWo7ViDL_rWniVH2 LakYxNa7J

Story caption -

"We learn the amazing story of Vivian Maier, a <st1:city w:st="on"]<st1lace w:st="on"]Chicago</st1lace></st1:city> nanny who took more than 100,000 photos during her lifetime but never showed them to anyone. Now that she's gone and her photos have been discovered, some say she may rank among the top street photographers of the 20th century."

edit: found a blog on her photos as they are scanned:

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Bob<span style="color: black;"]<o></o>
    Bob

Re: Vivian Maier-Street Photographer

WOW! This took my breathe away! I found this so extremely interesting that I am considering going to the showing next month in Chicago!

Thank you so very much for sharing this, Bob!

Denise

Thanx Bob,

Extremely inspirational!

I have bookmarked the blog for future reference.

Todd

All I can say is, WOW!

What a find. The few images they showed here are fantastic. What an eye this women had.

Denise, you will have to let us know how the showing was.

Mark
    Mark

Yes, I found it pretty inspirational as well. I also have to hand a great deal of respect to the young man who has recognized what he has infront of him and is willing to take the time and money required for this undertaking. I can
    Bob

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. Just goes to show that major life contributions often come in little increments.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

This is very cool.

Makes you wonder how many other people there are like this out there that go undiscovered!

very inspiring