Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "Lights, Camera, WATER, Action!" My 1st Attempt at this...

Re: "Lights, Camera, WATER, Action!" My 1st Attempt at this...

Thanks Bob. You
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Ben that shot is really cool. Nice capture. I think I have seen it before, but until nowI never knew what caused it to look like that. [Y]

Well, as everyone tried it I also took a shot at it...man it's hard! I have some shots, but they are all bad in my opninion. Focus isn't right, timing is wrong etc etc...

Anyway I got bored quickly and I decided to throw in the big shots for some more splashing:

All shots: 100mm, f10, ISO-400, 1/200 with a 430EX flashing from back right.

Jan

nice shots!, Jan, I like the lighting very much and the first one is my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

nice shots!, Jan, I like the lighting very much and the first one is my favorite!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks [] Well I also like the kiwi-shot the most. It's very cool to see how different types of fruit all have different reactions when hitting the water. For some reason the kiwi makes a very sharp edge which doesn't suck inwards. An orange for example has a sort of drag behind it, which sucks the water back in immediately. It was fun [] Oh and the apple is definitely the fastest. It goes straight to the bottom, noticeably faster than the others. Fun facts []

Ps: my pc had a hard time making this one. I used full resolution photos and now I have a 980MB, 89,8MP , PSD-file....even the full-sized Jpeg file still was like 55MB [A]