Thread: Anybody running the GoPro video and still camera

Anybody running the GoPro video and still camera

Looking at getting one. It really interests me that you can take it into the water up to 180 feet deep. It takes 5mp still photos and HD video. I've been wanting something that can go in the water as that opens up a whole new world. Also with all the different mounting options it allows for some really out of the ordinary perspectives. So many people are using them and almost every show on TV when they need a special shot uses this camera. Now that I'm more aware of it I see them all the time like on MythBusters.

I've wanted to do things like this with my 5D2 and my fisheye lens but if something goes wrong it could be a very expensive mistake. Not to mention the cost of an underwater housing for the 5D2.

Direct link: www.goprocamera.com/products

Really cool vid of people using the camera sample videos: http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-motorsports-hero-camera.php

Re: Anybody running the GoPro video and still camera

I haven't seen this before - nice find! I've been considering a waterproof housing for my S95 before my next dive trip - HD video, 10 megapixel stills, flash (albeit not very powerful), and depth rating of 130 feet (which is as deep as typical divers should go).

Re: Anybody running the GoPro video and still camera

I even seen it now being advertised on this site down at the bottom. Whats the likelihood of the future 5D and the 7D replacement having SDHC memory card access. I ask because the GoPro requires an SD card where all I use is CF cards. If I buy a 16 or 32 gig card I want to think about future needs like card read and write speeds.