Thread: What's wrong with this picture?.....

What's wrong with this picture?.....

What's wrong wiht this picture?? was overly sharpened or what????

notice the hair.......why do the hair strands look like that.... is this a normal shot ar was something done in post?

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x700/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/5342.hair.jpg[/img]

Re: What's wrong with this picture?.....

The hair on the right side does look over sharpened. but overall the rest of her looks too soft. Looks like it was focused on the hair rather than her face(eyes).

Exif data has been stripped, can you provide more details, i.e. RAW or Jpeg? Camera settings: Mode, ISO, Shutter speed, picture style, metering mode, focus point, etc., post-processing.

Looks to me like the whole flesh was overly softened in post-production while hair was left looking normal...

sorry guys don

Hi, The colors are great, the hair perfect, her face blury a little bit. I think, a littlebit out of focus.

My first impression was "too much gaussian blur on the face".There's no skin texture left, and it looks as though they forgot to mask the eye so that got blurred as well.

The sharpening of the hair I think is ok, but the contrast between the sharpened hair and blurred skin might be the cause of the awkwardness?

Are you shooting RAW or shooting Jpeg?

Do you still have the original unedited image file? If you do the Exif data should still be embedded. The Exif Data or as much of the camera and shooting information as well as any post processing that you did can help us help you figure out what wrong with the picture, and how to correct it.