Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Story Behind the Shot

Re: The Story Behind the Shot

That's very kind of you! And there's a story behind that shot too: It was incredibly painful for my fingertips, trying to manipulate the camera and ND grad filter in the outrageously cold weather, even with gloves, mitts, and hand warmers. Main Street in Canmore Alberta is only 5 metres behind this vantage point, and I'm sure that the people driving by were shaking their collective heads in wonder at the crazy dude standing there with a tripod. And I can hardly blame them! As photographers, we've all probably encountered that experience at some time in some form. It's good to be able to laugh at ourselves.

Thanks again Pieter, and by all means please post a link on your profile to your own web album if you have one. I really like checking out other people'swork, especially the members of this forum.

The story of a winter day in the midwest:

Sitting inside, nothing to take pictures of. Hello doggie. If you ever thought you wanted a bulldog, you probably don't. Look at all that drool.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7242.Annie.jpg[/img]

What's going on outside? Ahhh, that's right! It's wintertime. Only boring Robins (well, I did see a Downy woodpecker but he was too fast).

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0268.Robin-2.jpg[/img]

Who else is by the birdfeeder today? One of a million squirrels eating my birdseed. Hello squirrel! I see that your cheeks are filled with my birdseed.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0564.Squirell-2.jpg[/img]

Just think, only about one more month and the cricket frogs will be back out! I can't wait for this winter to end....

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8032.Acris.jpg[/img]
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

HA! HA! Love the story! My dogs & I have had enough of this midwest winter also ...and BTW, love the bulldog shot!

Denise

Thanks Denise. She
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II