Thread: Newbie's First Outing...

Newbie's First Outing...

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to say what a great site this is, I have been visiting for a while, picking up tips and advice, and hope to learn far more in the coming months.

I have just bought my first DLSR in the form of a Canon 550d with the kit lens, and due to poor weather here (London, UK) during the past couple of days, today was the first chance I have had to get outside and have a proper play, so these are pretty much the first photos I have taken with it. I am really enjoying it and can't wait to get out and get some more!

Please let me know what you think - criticism more than welcome!!

Thanks for looking!

Charlie.

Re: Newbie's First Outing...

Congrats Charlie! When I was a kid, I got a bike for Christmas. I was never so excited. Me and my mother put it together. I might have gone out once or twice and froze my fanny off. Come spring though, it never left my side. Winter with cameras are similar. Learn your camera well now, cuz when spring happens, game on! Unless it's always drab like when I was in your neck of the woods

The only criticism would be to keep your vertical lines vertical. Enjoy your camera.

Greg
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your purchase. I will echo what Greg mentioned as far as keeping an eye on your lines.

My favorite is #2. I like how the reds and blue really stand out.

Have fun and keep sharing.

Braden

yeah i love #2 also.

particularly like the sky and how the red pops from image.