Thread: screen / print mismatch

screen / print mismatch

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Good morning, I am looking for help with my 50D software and printer. I shoot in RAW then fine tune the image with DPP and no matter what I try the images always print out darker from my Pixma iP4200, probably not the best quality of printer but it is all I have at the moment. I have upgraded my computer last week but this has not fixed the problem. There does not seem to be a lot of information on what is the ideal setting to choose from in regards to save size and dpi. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]Should I be looking at my camera settings / computer settings / or printer settings. If any one has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Scott<o></o>

Re: screen / print mismatch

simple way around is to adjust ur image on screen to be lighter and print. hard way... is to spend more money or time to calibrate monitor &amp; printer

I think you need to calibrate your monitor first.

Monitor Test: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Lots of tips: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=296149

Thanks for your help, will try fine tuning printer.

Cheers

Scott

I haven't had problems with prints before, not major anyways, but does anyone use laptop monitors that change colors/contrast when tilted? I've always wondered what the correct angle is, if any exists. I often choose to view the monitor from above more than straight on.