Thread: The Arctic Butterfly, does it work and is it more than just a secret technique?

The Arctic Butterfly, does it work and is it more than just a secret technique?

I was given two $100 vouchers at the local camera store for Chrissy, I am happy and have more than enough trouble with more current lenses so I don't want to use the 200 towards that collection.

I was thinking of either another camera bag or some kind of sensor scope or sensor cleaning device. I haven't had the need yet, but I probably will.

Any thoughts on cleaning products, that may come in handy?

Thanks for your insight.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: The Arctic Butterfly, does it work and is it more than just a secret technique?

I got one and will never part with it, especially with my 5D mark I which has no auto dust remover on it.

Great alternative to "wet cleaning" systems with "as good" great results.

It is definitely my second choice when the giottos rocket air blowerin which i own, doesn't pick up that last dust spec...[Y]

Re: The Arctic Butterfly, does it work and is it more than just a secret technique?

Steve,

A lens pen and sensor cleaner, a giottos rocket, a couple of good micro fiber cloths, and some pec pads.

Now you just need to decide where to spend the other hundred bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    I haven't had the need yet, but I probably will.

That's the time to get it...before you need it! Having said that, I've never needed to use it on my 7D - that body/sensor seems very good at self-cleaning. However, my 5DII is a different story...

HI Steve,

I don't have an Arctic Butterfly but, have seen it used many times on video. Moose Peterson has an in-depth 4 part series that includes the Arctic Butterfly, sensor scope and other stuff. <a rel="nofollow" target="_new" href="http://www.moosepeterson.com/blog/?cat=114"]www.moosepeterson.com/blog.
    [/URL]

This guy is a no no-nonsense wildlife photographer.

Brett
    Brett

The Artic Butterfly &amp; Visible Dust EZ Sensor Cleaning Kit was a miracle worker for me a few months back! I don