Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Monitor do you use?

Re: What Monitor do you use?

Thanks Daniel.

Thanks freelance but I "unfortunately" i use a PC for my photoediting...Mac displays are great looking dispays though.

Damian

Here's a 27" iMac (IPS) and a 21" Samsung SyncMaster 213T (IPS) that is sometimes attached to the iMac or the MacBook as second screen (or to my Linux PC where I don't do photo-related stuff).

The iMac's display is really good, but given the choice I'd have greatly preferred the matte finish of the SyncMaster for the iMac...

Quote Originally Posted by DLS

Thanks freelance but I "unfortunately" i use a PC for my photoediting...Mac displays are great looking dispays though.

(You can get the same 27" screen as found in the iMac as a stand-alone monitor; if your PC has a displayport output, you just need an adapter cable for the mini-displayport input on the cinema display.)

Colin

a 5 year old 17" Dell lcd, and its a 4:3 ^_~

Quote Originally Posted by Steven23

a 5 year old 17" Dell lcd, and its a 4:3 ^_~

Ah, right, my Samsung is a 4:3, the Apple is a 16:9. Looking at photos in portrait orientation on a 16:9 wastes so much space, I wish 16:9 would have stayed in the living room (TV) and not spilled over into computing ... as if looking at movies was the main pastime of computer users, including offices!

Colin

I have bought a NEC MultiSync EA231WMi this year and I absolutely love it. It has made my photoediting so much more accurate.

I used to have a TN panel from Samsung with a Spyder 3 Elite to calibrate, but I never had good results.

The sRGB configuration of my screen is very and I mean very close to my photo-printingservice. I only use sRGB so a wider gamut wasn't necesary for me.

It's one of the cheapest quality screens that you can get with good reviews. I had to choose between this and the Dell Ultrasharp 24 inch model. However it was a lot more expensive and not better for my usage. I also like the 16:9 ratio on the NEC. It works great with video and watching a movie looks amazing.

1 sidenote though. This year NEC has announced the follow up on this screen. It should be about as expensive, but has a LED backlight. You might want to look into that one []

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]If I can find the announcement, I will show it. Here you go! (click on me [])

Jan

My main monitor is a Dell U2410 24" IPS panel. It

I use my mac screen indoors so a shinny screen presents no out of the ordinary reflections. My Dell laptop has just as shinny screen as the imac where I

/sigh i really hate my almost 6 year old lcd screen, but even more when i go to school to see the newer 22" + screens on the mac minis. Sucks im too poor to afford a new screen, needz to save up for glass and a new body when i get done with school.

I use Samsung SyncMaster 23" Lavender Series P2350 50000:1 contrast ratio; 2ms response time.

I