Thread: how wide can I go?

how wide can I go?

can someone please tell me which is the widest lens available for full frame?(5d2).any make will do,not just canon

thank you

Re: how wide can I go?

The widest rectilinear lens available for FF is 12mm, with the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6. The widest rectilinear prime is the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II. For fisheye lenses, you can get to 8mm circular (180

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    The widest rectilinear prime is the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II.

The alternative for this over-expensive beast is the Samyang 14mm...click here for a review from photozone.de

Although it has it's flaws, it sure has a good price. I haven't used it, but I know for sure that the Canon 14mm isn't even close to be in my budget, so I personally would try the Samyang for sure.

I have tried the Sigma 12-24 for about half an hour and my first impression was very good. I liked it more than the Canon 17-40 which I was comparing it with that day. However my money went to a fast 50mm prime [A]

thank you guys,my mistake is I didn

I have the Sigma 8-16 mm zoom and on my 1DMKIII (1.3 crop factor) at 8mm the built in lens hood (which can

true,and if I still had my old 40D I would have bought it in a second but now I have a 5dmk2 and i dont think I can go wider than 12mm from what I;ve read here.thank you for all your answers guys.

Hi Adrian. Please try the Nikon 14-24G f2.8 adapted to fit Canon. It blows the competition away, as far as I am concerned(I have one myself). Go to 16-9.net, and check out his comparison of it versus the 16-35L(ll), and the Canon 14L, also. I use it mainly on my 1D4, an d occasionally on my 5D2(doesn