Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot....January 3rd - Jan 9th?

What did you shoot....January 3rd - Jan 9th?

As you may have heard the rain and floods in my part of the world have been very devastating. Brisbane a city of about 2.3 million people is now waiting asriver levels rise and the compounding effects of king tides hit us in the next day or so. Inland of us is Toowoomba it sits on top of our mountain range and was hit by a flash flood that they are calling an inland tsunarmi that cut a swathe of destruction that has left 60 people still missing and too many dead.

I'm still re-locating wildlife that is moving to higher ground, yesterday afternoon they posted a warning to look out for kangaroos that are being flushed out of reserves.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7382.IMG_5F00_6312_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

You can see I used an empty winebox to move him away from the house. In spite of the weather life goes on and a mate had his 50th last week and he opened some pretty big bottles of wine.

.[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1256.IMG_5F00_6327_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

Exif data available, but maybe more interesting is Magnum 88' RD Bollinger, magnum 04' Corton Charlemagne, magnum 95' Barbaresco, 90' Volnay, 93' Haut Brion, 96' Haut Brion, magnum 05' Ponet Canet and finally a magnum 07' Zillikin Riesling. Couldn't think of a better way to drown sorrows.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: What did you shoot....January 3rd - Jan 9th?

Nice pic's Steve. We all thinking of you guys up north. Keep smiling and keep up the QLD spirit.

Regards, Wally from Down Under [st]
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

A day out in the park with my two grand daughters and took this shot. This little girl is always trying out anything LOL

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3107.Cheers.jpg[/img]
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

edit

Thanks Wally, great shot.

My post is a bit dreary, but there is a pervasive sense of gloom and doom here at the moment.

Creepy thing is I woke up this morning and the skies are blue, sun is shining, yet they are about to cut the electrical power to the whole CBD.

Oh well, probably be quiet work wise today.
    Steve U

Your post is far from dreary Steve, it actually tells the REAL QLD spirit. As the QLD saying goes: "BEAUTIFUL TODAY, PERFECT TOMORROW"
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

EXIF data can be found in the click through, as can the lighting info for the first shot. The second image was shot with a 580EX, camera left, 1/2 CTO gelled, diffused by a 14" Lumodi as well as a fill flash camera right, 1/4 CTO gelled, diffused by a small Alzo collapsible softbox.

By the way, the first shot is a result of the first assignment in a 52 week project conducted by Lighting Essentials. The project is aimed at helping photographers learn how to successfully monetize their craft. Should be interesting.

Sean..... you are good. Absolutely love your shots. If I ever win the jack pot in Tattslotto (Aussie Lottery) I book a flight to your home land and you teach me how to do shots. Well done mate
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

You have already won that title. But you also have midlle, lower and upper Tennessee
    Steve U

Steve -
    We've certainly heard a lot about the awful flooding in the news. Thanks for sharing some personal insight and giving it a very human touch. Best of luck as you work your way through!

This shot is from yesterday, so technically it falls outside the Jan 3rd - 9th spectrum (hope that's okay).
    Black capped chickadee, Calgary
    Canon 1D3, 70-200 f/2.8, 1/500 sec @f/4, ISO 200, fill flash.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8880._5F00_M3_5F00_4506.JPG[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy

Sean..... you are good. Absolutely love your shots. If I ever win the jack pot in Tattslotto (Aussie Lottery) I book a flight to your home land and you teach me how to do shots. Well done mate
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

And if I ever win Mega Millions or Powerball, I'll fly down to Australia and we can shoot all the cute natives together. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

You have already won that title. But you also have midlle, lower and upper Tennessee's cutest lighting assistant.

Nice shots.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Can't disagree about the lighting assistant... :-)