Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot?.......Jan 17 to Jan 23, 2011

Re: What did you shoot?.......Jan 17 to Jan 23, 2011

@Erno, they are sweet images, very nice. i thought your watering hole had some thing to do with a red wine glass.

Hey Brant, nice pug shot. He looks like he is the Chairmen of the board.

Congrats again Sean, do the smiley face one, I like the heart. Please.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Wandering around Wellington Point on the weekend. Bit of a HDR.

Thanks for viewing,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thank you all for the kind words. Yes, I am trying to figure out how to shoot the wedding and be in it...so I am, of course, addicted to this trade. ;-)

And, as requested, the smiley-faced picture:

Sean, nice photo of the soon to be Mrs. We need one of you striking the same pose! For your wedding, i suggest a helmet-cam. Everyone might think it

Quote Originally Posted by erno james
    For your wedding, i suggest a helmet-cam. Everyone might think it'll look odd on the groom

The helmet's camera will the be least odd looking part. This is Sean we're talking about. Imagine his assortment of flashes, diffusers, etc, protruding at all sorts of angles from his helmet and shoulder mounts. Of course there will have to be matching mounts on Amber... got to make sure the bride is lit appropriately for the helmet cam to capture. And lets not forget the odd look of a helper wheeling around that 6 foot softbox beside him and/or Amber, everywhere they go.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Sean,

My solution is thatyou simply invite everyone from TDP forum to your wedding. You wouldhave the best documented wedding in history. Everyone in attendence would have a camera. The audience would look like a line of paparazzi. [:P]

Seriously, congratulations! That is great, and I must say, a wise move to lock up your main photography subject for life.[Y]

Enro...great pictures. Where were they taken, if you don't mind me asking?

Steve...thanks....our pug might as well be Chairmen of the Board, she pretty much runs everything.

Brant

Sean - that's great!!

Congrats to you and Amber!!!! :-)

Icy pebbles by patrick.durham, on Flickr

Ok, it was taken on the 16th...but I finally got around to post-processing that batch of pictures. Exif info on the clickthrough.
    My gear: Canon 500D, 17-55mm F/2.8 IS, 70-200 F/4L IS, 100mm F/2.8 macro (non-USM), 50mm F/1.4

Sean, Congratulations!!! Wish the best for both of you. Now she has no choice but to be in your pictures. [:P]

Great shots everyone!

Here are come geese shots from last week and some macro stuff. Started a macro guessing game on my blog so I guess I will be doing that all year long. Geese are with 70-200mm f4 IS and the macro is with the original 100mm macro USM, Kenko 1.4xTC and a whole stack of kenko extension tubes.

Great news Sean, and best wishes to you and Amber.

Erno, I love the landscape shots. Makes me want to get out into the mountains again with an ultrawide zoom.

Last weekend I visited the ruins of Dunottar Castle, which overlooks the North Sea. I tried some slightly different post processing on this shot. I wasn't satisfied with the results of the highlight recovery slider in Lightroom (the sky was still very pale), but by reducing the luminance of the blue colour channel I was able to bring out the detail in the sky and the surface of the water.

5D Mark II, EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM @ 24mm, f/5.6, 1/200s, ISO 100 (increased exposure by ½ stop in Lightroom)

This is the Bridge of Dee in Aberdeen, my home town, on a rare sunny day (for January). Some rowers were taking advantage of the fine conditions on the river. They are about a mile from my viewpoint.

5D Mark II, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM + EF1.4x II @ 280mm, f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 100
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 10:11 AM.