Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you shoot?.......Jan 17 to Jan 23, 2011

Re: What did you shoot?.......Jan 17 to Jan 23, 2011

So many terrific images!

Andy, that castle on the coast is incredible.

Kayaker, your pug made me go back and watch Men in Black. The landscapes I posted are of Lake Tahoe, just south of Incline Villiage. I've kayaked on this lake when there were white caps, so to see it in it's usual serene state is very relaxing to me. Besides a small family of three, I was the only fool out there in the freezing temperatures.

And SteveU, your comment on the watering hole is spot on. Using my ultra wide lens, i had to put my glass of red wine next to the base of my tripod, which is just out of frame!

Congrats to you Sean!

Erno, those are some nice images of Lake Tahoe, great comp..

Andy, nice shot of the castle, the sky is very nice, I think the the forground could be brighter.

Wonderful shots, Ermo. I love the first, with the rock lead in. And the emptyish space in the second, (which I would have foolishly cropped away in the unlikely event that I had captured such an image) somehow- in a way that is inexplicable to me- makes the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen
    Andy, nice shot of the castle, the sky is very nice, I think the the forground could be brighter

I agree that the foreground is dark, but there was no more headroom to increase the exposure and I'm not really into HDR.If I wait for Canon to release a true 14 bit camera, the castle will have fallen into the sea, so maybe the answer is to go back there at sunset one day.

Congratulations to Sean! All the best on your upcoming nuptuals! When can we expect to see the engagement photos released?

Andy, love the picture of the castle! I'm planning to come up that way for a visit in the spring; hopefully the weather will cooperate! Is this castle "accessible" or is it somewhat remote? I don't have a car in this country, so I travel exclusively by publlic transport these days....

Anyway, here is one I took last week of BT tower in Birmingham along the canals. Canon 450D, EF-S 15-85, ISO 100, Tv 1/100, Av 8.0

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2671.Bham-BT-Tower-_2600_-Canal.JPG[/img]

C&C are welcome!

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen

Congratulations to Sean! All the best on your upcoming nuptuals! When can we expect to see the engagement photos released?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

engagement photos under best shots of you[]

Congratulations Sean[Y]

Mark
    Mark

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and congratulations. Certainly appreciated. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen
    Is this castle "accessible" or is it somewhat remote?
    It's a couple of miles from Stonehaven town centre, so you could walk to it in less than an hour from the train station. Map here. I hope you enjoy your visit.

I've not been back to Birmingham since Iwas a student 20 years ago. At that time, many of the old warehouses and canals were derelict. They have invested a lot to smarten the place up. It looks like you were at Cambrian Wharf for that shot. You had the same problem as me at Dunottar Castle - it was too early in the day and some of the details were still in the shadows.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-11-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Andy. I'll be sure to check this out sometime this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stringer
    It looks like you were at Cambrian Wharf for that shot.
    Yep. That's the spot. I did have trouble with the shadows. Problem is, when the water is calm enough for a good reflection, the sun is never where it should be for the best shot! Ain't that always the way?

Stephen

This photo has been long over due but it was only last night that I was able to process this photo.

1000D + kit lens @ 49mm, f/8.0, 1/160sec, ISO 800 (Manual Focus + Hand-held)

Thank you for looking.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com