Thread: Sigma 8-16mm

Sigma 8-16mm

Does anyone on this forum own this lens? I am thinking about this lens to start on landscape photography since it is always that time of year.

For those who own this lens, I know that it does not take any type of filter that screws onto the lens, but I was hoping that it took 4x6 graduated filters??? Am I correct in that assumption?

Thanks,

Jayson

Re: Sigma 8-16mm

Jayson,

I do not have the 8-16mm, but I do have a sigma 12-24mm, which on a full frame gives similar angles of view. As far as rectangular filters go I can speak for Cokin filters only. First off, 4x6 filters (Z-Pro in Cokin nomenclature)may be too small for such wide lens. You may need the X-Pro system, and even the X-Pro may cause vignetting at widest angles. You will also need an universal adapter to affix the filter holder onto the lens. Here is comparison between Cokin filter systems.

Re: Sigma 8-16mm

Jayson,

I have the lens, the lens hood is built in and not removable .... I do not know if a filter holder can be put on it or not. Also you should know the lens filter comes into view around the edges of the picture at 8mm on my 1D MKIII, It may not do that on a full frame body.

Joel