Thread: Best photo editing software

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best photo editing software

Currently I use Picasa to do most of my editing. It works ok for what I need at the moment which is to post pics to facebook or create an online album for many to see. However, as I get more into some freelance sports work and possible individual photo shoots Im thinking Im going to need something better than Picasa.

Any suggestions?

Re: Best photo editing software

photoshop cant be beat

Hi donnman,try this to http://www.dxo.com/intl/photoive messed around with it for a while u can use the free version for 31 days.

Gimp is powerful and free. Hard to learn IMO but that may be because my brain is geared for Photoshop Elements. All the Adobe photoshop applications are available for 30 day free trial. Photoshop Elements is very powerful for under $100.

Mark
    Mark

DXO is the best RAW processing software out there, for digital manipulating and design photo shop CS5 is one of the best if not the best.

John.

I agree with Fast Glass, DxO is the best for Raw file processing, for me especialy in noise correction, but a bit slow comparing with Digital Photo Professional.

For photo editing like: croping, contrast correction, retouching, adding some filters or effects the Photoshop is the best []