Good Morning all! I have our new assignment ready to go today! We all got hungry with "Assigment 16: What's on your plate?" and had some excellent submissions. For this new assignment I want pictures that are not obvious what they are at first glance. Super-macro shots are naturally oriented this way, but details of buildings, cars, etc would also work very well. I am sure there are other ways of interpreting that photographically! So submit your photos that make people ask "What is that?" I'll be creating the finalists list for this edition.

There was a tie in the voting, so I have opted for a 24 hour run off! Vote early Vote often (or something like that)

Rocco

I have no idea what this is, and I like the dramatic colors.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/0020.IMG_5F00_3081.jpg[/img]

Colin 500

This one bit the mathematical side of my brain. It looks like one of those computer generated-fractals. I also like the contrast provided by the side lighting

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/7356.IMG_5F00_8530.jpg[/img]