Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Photographer's Nightmare

A Photographer's Nightmare

Today, I drove an hourout to Lake Geneva, WIto take photos of the National Championship Snow Sculpting Competition. I had been looking forward to it for over a month since not much else goes on around here this time of year! People come from Canada and all over to compete. I took about 200 photos including some on the way there and back of snowy country landscapes, farms animals and snowmobilers. I came home and instantly loaded them on my computer using Canons Utility Program and watched them all load really pleased at what I was seeing! The photos were pretty awesome! When it was done, I deleted my card and went to view them in DPP and all that was there was maybe 10 or so photos! ALL OF MY PHOTOS WERE GONE! This is so depressing! Thank goodness it wasn't some major event but even so ...I really liked a majority of the shots and the ones I have are the worst of the bunch! [:'(]

Here are two I salvaged ...

Re: A Photographer's Nightmare

Denise, do NOT take another picture with that card...yet. You should be able to salvage the data with software. This is only 2nd hand knowledge as it hasn

Denise

This link might help. If you can recover the files.

http://community.the-digital-picture.com/general_discussion1/f/24/p/4829/41383.aspx#41383

Thank you, erno!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have me searching the net for possible programs or solutions! It does look like there are a few free programs available that claim they can recover files from accidentally deleted cards. I have no clue which one to try so I will wait and see if anyone recommends something!

Thank you again for chiming in so quickly! You just may have saved the day for me!

Denise

I tried to check what card you were using but didn't see it in your bio. If it is Sandisk, they have their own program that seemed to work okay for me once. I should still have a code for a copy of the softwaresomewhere in my bag. I think you can go to the site and download the program and it will at least look at it to see what it can pull up. If it does pull up stuff and asks you for a promo code or whatever to unlock the program and repair it, I'll do some digging.

g
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

SanDisk code RPRID-0302-54992-28659-64026

THIS CODE CAME WITH MY RESCUE PRO MINI CD

Thank you very much for the SanDisk information and yes I do have a Sandisk. Your

I am running Recuva again and instead of searching for "Pictures" I searched for "ALL" and I FOUND THEM!!!

Thank you erno for letting me know programs exist to help with recovery, thank you HD for giving me the link to the thread that led me to the program I used, thank you Greg for letting me know about SanDisk and freelance for supplying the code ...I wrote that info down for future reference!

Doin' the happy dance []Next round of drinks is on me ...CHEERS! [D] [B]

Denise

So.. Post the best of the bunch, now that you
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Rocco, I will certainly post a few as soon as I go thru them! Now that I