Thread: Engagement Photos

Engagement Photos

Here a few engagement photos taken on the beach in Santa Cruz last night, at Natural Bridges State Park. While I do feel really bad that the rest of the country is having a REALLY horrible winter...we are really quite fortunate...and my sympathy to those of you buried under snow right now!!

Here is the actual original raw converted to .dng in LR 3.3 with just white balance correction:

1D4, adapted Nikon 14-24G...ISO 200 @1/6th...1 580EXll w/ 1/2 CTO in Lastolite 24x24 Ezbox

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5657.Court1.org.jpg[/img]

AND...the edited version...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0511.Court-1-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

1D4, 24-70 f8..Ezbox directly in front of them camera rt

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5102.Court-2-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

1D4, 70-200 2.8ll...f5.6@1/30th ISo 400..ezbox camera left, just out of frame

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6355.Court-Grass-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

32mm f5@1/100th

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5037.Court-rocks-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

42mm f2.8@1/500th..exbox right in front of Courtney

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2158.Court-Headshot-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

and my Favorite...14-24G at probably 15-16mm f8@1/25th..ezbox camera left and just a touch behind me

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3731.the-Kiss-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

After a few posters said they had gotten the "Speedlighters Handbook", by Syl Arena...I too picked it up! It is a wealth of info

for us Canonista's using small flash. I only used the Lastolite(rented from Lensrentals.com, and left my 2 shoot thru umbrellas in the

bag. Just not enough time with the sun setting, trying to manage 2 lights!! I'm pretty happy with the results, as are the couple I did the

photos for.

Let me know what you think, as it is always nice to get opinions and second or third "eyes", from different perspectives....

Thanks for looking,

Gregg

Re: Engagement Photos

Congrats to the happy couple! Greg, you should be very thrilled with how these photos turned out ...they are fantastic!! I very much enjoyed looking at them after looking at white snow all day!

The last photo is my favorite also. The second photo (the edited version) IMO is alittle too blown out at the top for my taste. But that's just me! Otherwise, the editing of the lighting on the couple was a very nice improvement from the original!

I too have Syl's book and you are so right, it is a wealth of information! I just haven't had a chance lately to practice anything I learned yet.

Great job! [Y]

Denise

Really nice. Colors and lighting are 10+.

How do you like the 1DMKIV?

Thanks for the kind words Denise and Dallas!! Yeah the shoot went really well, and I sent over these photos and a few others to the soon to be bride, in email quality, and she has them up on Facebook, already!!

Dallas...I love the Mark IV, period!! I also have the 5Dll, but it really has a lot of dust on it since I got the IV!! I actually brought out the 5Dll recently coupled with my 50L and did some shooting with it!! Brought me back...!! The 1 series, is just a whole

Great set Gregg! Wonderful colors indeed! *Two Thumbs Up*
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Thank you for the kind words Angelo...the couple were really excited to have them!!