Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: should we start a 24-70 f/2.8 L *IS* petition?

Re: should we start a 24-70 f/2.8 L *IS* petition?

Current price of the EF 24-70 is arround 1200EURO with IS it would probably cost 1800EURO...

IfCanon makes a zoom wide angle/tele f2.8 L IS USM I'll buy it and a full frame camera on the next day. Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

What I really want is an inexpensive high quality lightweight 17-400mm f/1 IS zoom. That's all.

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

LMFAO

I really got a kick out of that comment. It's not really asking for much. I mean, I guess it'd be about...what....$20,000?

To the original message here, I'd love them to offer the 24-70 2.8 in an IS. I mean, if this is "the" wedding lens, how much better could it be with IS? I mean, I'd take an IS lens, over one with a smaller f number non IS. Think of a dimly lit church, with f/2.8 and stabalized? Oh yes it's a good thought.

I don't buy into the argument that a short focal lenght zoom lens (especially one with a fast aperture like that) doesn't need IS. I mean, I have a 50mm 1.8, and sometimes I wish it had IS when doing portraits inside. In fact, I don't know what I'd do without IS in my kit 18-55 3.5-5.6 lens.