Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'The Flash Bus' Tour - Hobby and McNally

Re: 'The Flash Bus' Tour - Hobby and McNally

I

Anyone heading to the Austin show next Friday?

Is it worth taking a camera?
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Went to the San Jose show on Monday. Pretty cool, actually. Peety, def bring a camera!! It was funny....I brought my 1D4 with my Nikon 14-24 attached. At one point I was talking to Dave 1 on 1, during a break, and he was ranting how his D3 has a 1/250th shutter sync....and teasing us Canonites about how the 5D2 has a 1/200th!! Then he says well...really more like 1/160th in actuality!! and laughs! Well I say, "my Canon has a 1/300th sync...!!". He looks at me, does a double take, then says "Hey Joe, come look at this guy! He has a 14-24 mounted on a Canon!!" So I got to show "them" my bastardization of both Canon and Nikon!!

Funny thing, the power went out in downtown San Jose that day, including the building we were in! Across the corner is THE Adobe building(well, one of the four), and I think they lost power, too!! Freak thing! so we all got to gather around Joe and Dave in the lobby where there was light, and BS about photography. Kinda Cool!

I attended the Nashville Flash Bus Tour stop this weekend, and it was great. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is even a little bit comfortable with off-camera flash.

Listening to David Hobby describe his thought process when visualizing the final image was inspiring, as well as his approach to dealing with clients and people who have the authority to give him access to sites/situations where he might never have the opportunity to access normally. It was also very enlightening to hear David outline his approach to monetizing his talents.

Joe McNally was as informative as he was entertaining once he took the stage. Joe was quite blunt and candid at times exposing the insecurity he felt when assignments didn't turn out as planned.

Joe McNally, during the demonstration part of the day, photographs a member of the audience.

David Hobby, during the question and answer portion of the event.

Nice photos. How many people were in attendance? I

To be honest, I

Iso79,

Get there as early as you can, and sit as close to the front as you can. Or, if the room is set up "widthwise," try for the middle (i.e., not on the far left or right). It

Hey, Sean, Nashville will also host three days of Canon Immersion Seminars in mid-June. Everybody else, they

Next Tuesday in Indianapolis!! Can't wait!! []