Thread: Canon T3i or Canon 60D?

Canon T3i or Canon 60D?

It seems to me that the line between rebel and X0D is getting a little hazy. I have a 40D but I am itching to get a DSLR with video, is there a huge benefit to spending more money to get the 60D? They seem to be getting more similar than different?

Re: Canon T3i or Canon 60D?

Despite the fact that Canon

Actually I was in the same dilemma few day back and ask the same question which one of these to buy. Actually the main difference you can see is the Canon 60D has 9 cross-type focusing points and burst mode is 5.3fps, you can check out a side-by-side difference of Canon 60D vs Canon T3iand also can check out this post

http://community.the-digital-picture.com/image_presentation1/f/14/p/5689/50678.aspx#50678

I have the 60D and it's a different animal compared to a rebel. In most aspects it's better than the 50D, the only thing that I think most people will miss is lack of AF micro adjustment and slower FPS (5.3 vs 6.3). For most people the lack of a magnesium frame would not be a problem, I think weather sealling is more likely going to be used than build. My 60D fell off a 5 foot shelf onto a hard wood floor and nothing hapened too it. Were as water can corrode the insides and ruin a camera. I haven't had any experience with water but there are good reports about the 5D II and 7D weather sealling and the 60D's sealling is very similar. All the seams have a gasket, as good as a gasket can keep out water thats how good the weather sealling is.

John.