Page 10 of 398 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your currently shot pictures

Bill W, That was actually the reason for taking the pictures. The current website pictures are terrible.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Feed them and they will come ...

<div></div>

<a>[/URL]

DD, Very Nice catches here---Now all you have to do is get the birds away from the man made objects. I have the same problem, but I have noticed that there are always birds waiting in line and perched somewhere close to the feeder until thier turn---So, I thought about strategically locating some natural looking sticks and small branches just a little higher than the feeders, that way you might be able to catch them while they are waiting----Just a theory I plan to try very soon.

Nice job,

Bob
    Bob

Yep, that

Killer shots Denise! Which lenses did you use?

Well, I have this entire week off without plans except for 2 days in Yosemite after the next storm. Can't wait. Since I had free time, I drove 500 miles round trip yesterday just to go on a photoshoot. That is a personal best for a day. Is there something wrong with me? Anyway, I've never visited this place in N California but will be going back when the snow melts.

McArthur-Burney Falls

7D

ISO 100

70-200 mm L @ 127mm

f/32 for 4 sec with CPL

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/683x1024/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0842.5488368928_5F00_4201012e13_5F00_b.jpg[/img]

Nice work Erno, I'd like to jump in there and cool off.

500 miles, no I don't think you are crazy. I'm trying to make something happen once a week for my photo opportunities. Whether it is a horse auction, a triathlon or a fundraiser for abused pets, I go along take a few shots and come back and try and work out how to make it better next time I do it.

I went to a harbour and took photos of boats and jetties and didn't like any of them. I walked down wet slippery stairs and leaned on a funny angle supporting myself one-handed to get this shot and thought it was going to be a compostion masterpiece. Only to get home and find that the shot looked like this. Because I wear glasses to read, but have adjusted the eyepiece so I don't when I shoot, I find it difficult to review shots, while I'm shooting. Hence a little out of focus, or people blinking and so on. Anyway I'm working on that.

This is a great example of the "best" line up of a rope in a picture.[]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/950x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7573.Mermaid.jpg[/img]

Oh well live and learn, at least i didn't fall in the water and get to wash my camera gear. I'll see if I can clone the rope out.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Cool shot SteveU. At first i thought they landed a baby dolphin in the nets, then I looked a little closer and realized what it was instead. Maybe I should borrow your glasses sometime.

Hey, are you sure about making that jump to cool off? Here is what the scene looked like with my wide angle lens... (btw, my images don't seem as sharp as yours and others on these posts. am i actually UNDERsharpening?) thanks, Erno

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/427x640/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8875.falls.jpg[/img]

Thanks Erno, sharpness has never been my thing, but one thing I learned on another forum was not to trust the automatic sharpening when downsizing your images. And when you downsize don
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

thanks. i have been downloading directly from Flickr, so maybe that

I took this tonight at the Myriad Gardens Crystal Bridge in Oklahoma City. It is undergoing a remodel and they were testing the new lighting system tonight

5D Mark II, 24mm F1.4L II, F4.0, 1/5, ISO 640

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/]