Page 103 of 397 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Wow, Nick they are great shots, I really like 1 and 3 the eye contact is superb.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

+1....Nick...great shots. I had no idea that they had elk in the smokey mountains. I agree with Steve, the eye contact in #3 is excellent. Nice capture.

Denise...great shots of Brodie.....

Oh wow! Nice elk photos! I love #3.

Nick, nice elk shots, Im Jealous. I went to the Valle Caldera yesterday for the same thing---supposed to be thousands of elk out there---and I didn't see a single one. The rut is over here, so not much chance of seeing the big bulls. Anyway, congrats and nice capture
    Bob

Well, No elk or other wildlife this weekend, but I did find this nice little water fall fed by sulfer springs and a nice old ranch house:

7d, 50 1.2L for the water falls and the 500L for the ranch house (about 500 yards away)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1365.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1384.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1387.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	127

Wow, when uploading from my computer, the shots are very soft. Think I'll stick to uploading from zenfolio.
    Last edited by bob williams; 11-21-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Bob

Well, Lets try an upload from my Zenfolio acct. Same pictures as before. Let me know if you can see a difference---Thanks

Bob

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. yeah they introduced about 50 Elk in early 2000s and the herds have been growing quickly. They are very photogenic which made it feel a little like cheating.

I also had some waterfalls but I think Bob captured his better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laurel falls.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mingo falls hdr.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	129

Bob - Great shots. I think the pic's downloaded from Zenfolio are much better. Sharper, better detail, and better color.

Nick - My wife and I were in the Smoky's earlier this spring. It is where I broke my 100-400 mm lens just before we came up on some elk. So unlike your nice elk shots, I got nothing. But I did get a lot of waterfall pictures... there are so many great waterfalls there, and we enjoyed it a lot. Your nice waterfall pic's brought back some nice memories.

Thank you both for sharing.

Pat

Bob - Great shots, and yes I agree, they look better when posted direct instead of as thumbnails. I've been trying to do that myself, to no success. I'm no Internet wizard, but I thought I would have come across the solution by now. Please let me know how you do that. I've tried the basic copy-and-paste but that isn't working.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Bob - Great shots, and yes I agree, they look better when posted direct instead of as thumbnails. I've been trying to do that myself, to no success. I'm no Internet wizard, but I thought I would have come across the solution by now. Please let me know how you do that. I've tried the basic copy-and-paste but that isn't working.
    Thanks!
    Jon, I use my Zenfolio account, select a picture, right click on that picture and select "share" . It will give me size options and I highlight and copy the size I want. Then I go to the TDP string and select "image" . That will give you two choices, upload from computer or select URL, I choose the latter and paste in the link I copied. (don't forget to uncheck the "retrieve from remote file" button) thats it.

If you don't have Zenfolio, I know you can also do it from other picture sharing sites like smug-mug, Flicker etc, I just don't know the details for those sites.

Hope that helps,

Bob
    Bob