Page 12 of 397 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer
    we're going to the Galapagos Islands! It's an absolute shooting gallery for photography, and I'm about to go completely wild. Stay tuned...!

WOW! That is like a photographers heaven ...I AM SO ENVIOUS!!! Very much looking forward to seeing those pics when you return!

Denise

Good day! I was able to go to an orchids festival where I live. They surely have lots of beautiful flowers not just orchids. I really enjoyed my short visit and sharing it with you all my top two favorites!

Thanks for viewing! []
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Had a bit of a hitout with five ofmy wine geek mates last night.A lot of my friends are in the wine business, so we often choose a wine theme and match some food to those wines and make a night of it. Last night was Australian Chardonnay and you are expected to pony up for two appropriate bottles and afoodcourse.

Itook my avacado and cucumbersoup, with sashimi tuna and soy and wasabi. Remember it isSummer here,this is a cold soup.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/950x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2671.Avacado-and-cucumber-soup.jpg[/img]

Instead of exif, I'll post a recipe instead.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Avocado soup with marinated tuna<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]20g castor sugar<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]4 large cucumbers<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]2 avacados<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]100g wasabi powder<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]3 limes juiced<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Salt and pepper<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]200g sashimi grade tuna cut into 1cm cubes<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]30ml soy sauce<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Coriander sprigs<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Combine sugar with 20ml of water in a small pan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove the syrup from heat and allow to cool.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Cut the cucumbers into small pieces. Then process in a blender to the consistency of soup. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any small lumps. Add the avocado, sugar syrup, wasabi, lime juice and seasoning.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Return the mixture to the blender and process until smooth. Pour into bowls.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]To serve, dip the tuna into the soy sauce and place in the soup bowls. Garnish with coriander sprigs.

Examination of Chardonnay complete, hereare the dead soldiers. The last two wines were stuffed, one oxidated and the other was corked.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/950x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7484.Chardonnay-night.jpg[/img]

This shot is a bit grainy, but it was after midnight, handheld and wobbly boots on.

Please note that this is like work for me, wine should be consumed in moderation. These are more like educational events, that I amobliged to attend. Winelists for some local restaurants are formulated fromthese nights.

Thanks for viewing and when it warms up over there, try the soup.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Most of these were taken out of sheer boredom! It's amazing what you find to shoot when there is nothing to shoot but you simply must photograph something!!

<div></div>

Very nice photos, Steve! Love the soup presentation! I don

Denise,what you have been photographing is a lot more wholesome than the mischief I have been getting up to.

I thought you might have used your 90mm on the bird as well, but you did manage to take it off for a little while to use your 100-400mm.

Nice work.

Steve
    Steve U

Loving some of the new shots coming through. Keep it up guys!

Steve - not a bad selection you have there. At the moment I'm working my way through a mixed bag from Tempus Two (Hunter Valley). They've got an amazing Sangiovese, you should check them out.

Here's a shot I got last week. It's been a pretty late wet season so we're only starting to get the good storms rolling through now. I got out of bed in the middle of the night to chase this one. It's actually a composite of two shots, needed a couple more strikes in there to keep it interesting.

5D Mark II, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L @ 24mm, f/6.3, ISO 100, 30 sec exposure.

Reflectricity by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

I've got a few more to come, the rain has made everything really stunning out here at the moment. I went out yesterday and got some nice ones so I'll post them very soon.

Cheers,

Ben.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Beautiful shot Ben, I like the tones and the purple hue to the sky, the dark bank draws your eyes into the photo.

Good job. I
    Steve U

I submitted this to the competition thread, but thought I'd put it here too. This is the shot I had in mind when I picked up some cheap Kenko extension tubes on Ebay...

Ben, I hope you have a gallery and are paying your mortgage with a shot of that quality...the lightning image you made is simply amazing. I wonder what it would look like printed on metal...

sean, that macro of the ring is off the charts. love the tones on it.

i had the fortune to shoot Yosemite last week with three fellow photographers and have these to share:

1- my attempt at B&amp;W of El Capitan and the Three Brothers

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x427/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1050.bw.jpg[/img]

2- From my Flickr account:

Perhaps my favorite shot from 2 days of shooting Yosemite with 3 friends...done with my iPhone of all things!
    <div id="description_div5505334642" class="photo-desc insitu-trigger"]
    <p id="yui_3_3_0_1_1299709784384729"]Of course my favorite image came from my iPhone 4 instead of my DSLR with pro lenses! This was taken across the street from the Cathedral in Yosemite Valley. Apologies for the blown out sky, but I've yet to master using a Grad ND filter on an iPhone 4.
    <p id="yui_3_3_0_1_1299709784384732"]From left to right are Horisun, ernogy (that's me!), Mercury1994, and Andy. The Nikonians outnumbered me by three as I was the sole Canonista, but we still all got along at the end of the two-day shoot.
    </div>

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x478/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0474.iphone4.jpg[/img]