Page 121 of 398 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3974

Thread: Post your best current shots

There's a Bad Moon on the Rise

Kayaker - That looks like a real "cool" place, and a lot people are enjoying it.

M_Six - The red streek is neat.

Here are a couple from yesterday:

7D, 24-105 L @ 24mm, 1/250 sec, f/8, ISO100

7D, Sigma 10-20mm @ 20mm, 1/4 sec, f/16, ISO 100
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

@Kayaker - I agree, it looks like a really fun place! I vaguely recall seeing that white stuff on the ground before but not so far this winter in Wisconsin!!
    @ Pat - Both of those shots are really beautiful! Great composition!

Denise

Nice shootin' Pat and M-Six....

The New Hampshire Presidential Primary is today and I spent part of the weekend driving around to listen to the candidates. For those international members, the USA's presidential election is next November and right now we are in the process of having each party (Republican and Democrat) select the candidates that will square off against each other in the general election. New Hampshire happens to be home of the first primary (Iowa had a caucus a week ago). I tried to see everyone, but only successfully saw three.

Of course, I took my camera.

Rick Santorum: He got a big bump by coming in second in Iowa. The first time I tried to go see him I couldn't even get into the auditorium. This time, I showed up early, but the fire marshall said the hall was violating fire code so it was moved outside. Lots of interest, but also I heard a lot of grumbling in the crowd.

Ron Paul--Event was at the University of New Hampshire. Very devoted following. Little bit of rock star atmosphere.

Jon Huntsman: Event up north (past the frozen pond) at a retirement center.

Hope you all didn't mind so many pictures. Thanks for viewing--Brant
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 01-10-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Nice series Brant, what a system you guys have. It seems strange that the system can possible bypass a person with the right political skills, but does not have the best fund raising machine behind them. Some great photo opportunities, though.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Rest in Peace

Last edited by M_Six; 01-11-2012 at 01:20 AM.

I have been a little bit "offline" for a few weeks, but it's very nice to get back and scroll through the latest additions in this thread. Great shots!
    As M_Six ends with a great shot I'll add some similar ones that I took.

As you might know the Netherlands where occupied by the Germans during World War 2. In 1945 the allied forces put an end to that. In my region the liberation army consisted from mainly Canadian troops. A lot of them died during the fights and for those a special war cemetery was made. 1394 soldiers are buried there.
    On the night before Christmas local children place candles at each of the 1394 graves to commemorate the fallen soldiers. It was quite an amazing and at the same time a very impressive sight. A sight that made me speechless.

Lest We Forget by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Candle at the grave by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Canadian War Cemetery Holten by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

My son at a football game.

Here's a shot of my son un-retouched (as you can see by the bit of apple on his face). I've reduced the number of pixels each way by half.

I was shooting my older boy playing football so I was shooting JPEG only. I'd love to have the RAW file for this shot. That said, this is still my favorite photo so far.

T2i, 70-200 f/4 L IS
    f/5.6 1/500 sec. f=185mm ISO 200, Aperture Priority (don't know if EXIF data comes across when I upload a photo).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	son_lowres.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	368

not sure how to make the clickable thumbnail larger so please click the picture!

Great shots, Jan. Speechless indeed.

@Chad, Ahh that made me smile, really nice intimate portrait, feels a bit like we are being let in on a secret, welcome to the forum.
    @Jan, beatiful light and framing.
    @Msix, beautiful sky evocative image, fair bit of black/dark area below the headstones, perhaps crop???
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur