Page 185 of 397 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3965

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    I see no issues with IQ there. Nicely done.
    My thoughts exactly!

I know some of you aren't into the texture/overlay PS scene but since it was something like 103 outside yesterday, I thought I would do some tabletop photography indoors! Now I remember why I don't do this too often ...my speedlights hate me!! I used a black velvet background but thought I would spice the shots up some and practice my PS skills ...

The Beauty of Summer by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Another tabletop creation by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_1632_WM by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Funny you should mention the temperature and still life...that's what I did yesterday. Now, just need to remember to do this before any of the stuff is enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

I know some of you aren't into the texture/overlay PS scene but since it was something like 103 outside yesterday, I thought I would do some tabletop photography indoors! Now I remember why I don't do this too often ...my speedlights hate me!! I used a black velvet background but thought I would spice the shots up some and practice my PS skills ...

The Beauty of Summer by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Another tabletop creation by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_1632_WM by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Denise, these are great and your PP skills are great also. Not many people can do what you've done here!

Denise that's an awesome macro --- the framing and DOF are both perfect. I love the still life shots too. Jayson your third one is my favourite --- very creative.

This morning I went out again on the Icefields Parkway in Banff, hoping to see some more bears. I came across this guy, loping along the shoulder of the road, pausing every so often to chew on some bushes. The light was dim so I needed ISO 1600 as a minimum. I'm really looking forward to my new arrival to test the high-ISO capability (whenever it gets here). In the meantime the 1D3 did pretty well. The 500 f/4 II continues to impress me... the focus is always bang-on, and I haven't entered any micro adjustment.

Thanks Jonathan. Your bears are awesome...good thing the 500 is there. I would be terrified to get out of the car!!!

Hi there DJ! Just saw the pics you posted, nice work! It was nice meeting you and your wife at the Bass Harbor Lighthouse and at Otter Cliffs. Great pics! I'm over on http://www.facebook.com/NadaMasPhotography
    If you get a chance stop on over and we'll keep in touch. There is also a pic of us 3 shooting the lighthouse together.
    Best Regards.
    Marco.

@ Jayson - Thank you!! I really like your bottle shots, the last one is my favorite! Very creative!

@ Jonathan - Thanks but if I had bear to shoot with a very long lens, I would definitely be out there in the sweltering heat! If I didn't freak out and run the other way!

Yes bears are a good motivation to get you moving! Our summer is quite mild up here in the mountains. Nobody has A/C, and a few days ago we actually turned on the fireplace! Top it off with long daylight hours, and it's a real treat. Winter, on the other hand, is a slightly different story.......

This is a shot from a couple evenings ago. I took the 24 mm tilt-shift out, since I wanted to make use of its ability to deliver infinite depth of field at a reasonably fast aperture. The wind was blowing strongly, so the flowers were moving rapidly and I needed enough speed to freeze them without having to resort to ISO 1600. The exposure here is 1/100 sec @ f/8, ISO 400. The yellow flowers are just a few inches in front of the lens. (I also used a ND grad filter to darken the mountain and sky).

Superb shot Jonathan, great composition and exposure from one of our best landscape artists.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur