Page 2 of 302 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

Welcome to the forum, nice shots and good comments. I'm guessing that's not Australia.

Steve
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

True, that&rsquo;s not Australia. The photos are from the east coast of Sweden where the Baltic Sea has been more or less completely covered by ice this winter. I guess north European geography is not obvious for someone living on the other side of the globe, so I include a link to a Wikipedia map for information. (Sweden is the dark green area and the Baltic Sea is the water east of Sweden.)

took this picture this afternoon, I took total about 500 shots, and I have posted 2 more in "post your best bird shots thread" which are more close up pictures

7D, 500mm 4.0. all I can tell you is that my hands were shaking and my heart were beating so fast when I was taking those pictures. it was pretty bloody, I had the chance to save that poor bird, but I know it's just the way it should be.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5228.IMG_5F00_0048.jpg[/img]

took this picture this afternoon, I took total about 500 shots, and I have posted 2 more in "post your best bird shots thread" which are more close up pictures

7D, 500mm 4.0. all I can tell you is that my hands were shaking and my heart were beating so fast when I was taking those pictures. it was pretty bloody, I had the chance to save that poor bird, but I know it's just the way it should be.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5228.IMG_5F00_0048.jpg[/img]

This weekend I spent a few hours waiting for the "super moon" to rise from the sea, and fortunately the weather was clear so I got what I came for. Nature can be quite impressive, but it's not easy to capture on film (or CMOS). However I thought I'd share a few of my attempts.

Images taken with myRebel T1i and 24-105 f/4.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7587.IMG_5F00_7940_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6518.IMG_5F00_7944_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4111.IMG_5F00_7943_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

Thanks for viewing!

CLS, Lucky you to be on the east coast or facing over an eastern body of water when that moon was coming up and you did a nice job capturing the moon and the water in the first shot along with some interesting foreground---very nice depth of field. If I had to critique it, my only comment would be to try and get a little closer to the ground on shots like this. Other than that, very nice work.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to TDP,

Bob
    Bob

Sat out in the back yard earlier this evening watching the birdsat the bird feeders. This is one of my favorite little birds that comes visiting regularly.

A Tufted Titmouse. Canon EOS 50D, EF 100-400mm L IS USM @ 400mm, f/6.3, ISO 400, 1/160s

I

Ade, some great pictures. I especially like the first one at the top of the page and the first in the above post.

Andy,I appreciatethe comment and I am glad you liked it. This morning convinced myself the white balance wasa little off, so I just updatedthe postwith a slightly warmer version. Great TS shots, BTW (especially #1, with the flowers along the road).

I had forgotten about this waterfall...also in the White Mountains from Sunday:

7D, EFS 15-85 @ 15 mm, 1/3, f/11, ISO 100

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-46-64/Basin-3-IMG_5F00_7253-pp.JPG[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by cls

This weekend I spent a few hours waiting for the "super moon" to rise from the sea, and fortunately the weather was clear so I got what I came for. Nature can be quite impressive, but it's not easy to capture on film (or CMOS). However I thought I'd share a few of my attempts.

Images taken with myRebel T1i and 24-105 f/4.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4111.IMG_5F00_7943_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

Thanks for viewing!

CLS,

This one certainly got my attention..,

Very nicely done, by perfectly framing the moon with the branches!

Also.., Welcome to the forums!

Rich