Page 21 of 397 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

A friend of mine celebrating his birthday with his two sons. I managed to frame the shot nicely showing the dirty plates. But, more importantly in the background is another sneak preview of my anniversary present, on the chair, my new bag, I should have blurred out the birthday boy perhaps and focussed on my present. heh heh.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5460.Tony_2700_s-Birthday.jpg[/img]

Cheers,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stringer

It looks like spring has finally arrived here as well. It's been a long wait. I took a trip to Aberdeen harbour toexperiment with my TS-E 24mmf/3.5<span style="color:#ff0000;"]L II this afternoon. Let's face it, every shot with this lens is an experiment. It's a big learning curve.

An alleyway in Footdee, near the harbour
    [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/apstringer/5543505837/][/url]
    5D Mark II, TS-E24mm f/3.5<span style="color:#ff0000;"]L II, @ f/6.3, 1/60s, ISO100, lens tilted left to get the plane of focus running down the alley.

I was away so I hadn't had a chance to comment on some of these.

Nice shot Andy! It looks cool the way the foreground is in focus and then the first light post is OOF and then the others are sharp as you go down the alley.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

A sneak peak of my Anniversary present. It is very nice.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4606.Billy-Bag.jpg[/img]

50mm f2.0, 1/20 sec ISO 1600

Steve

Steve,

This is really a fabulous shot!

It looks like it could be for a catalog or advertisement.

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for the nice comments,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Ade

This was one of those lucky shots, everything just happed to be in the right place at the right time, a second later, or if i had the lens cap on i would have missed it.

5d 24-105 f4L shot at 40mm iso 400

[View:http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg12/pinkeye69/AK10.jpg]

Ade,

I was away on Vacation.., but I just wanted say that this is really anawesome shot!

I love the way the light is poking through the trees and lighting up the dust.

Welcome to the forums!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by cls

This weekend I spent a few hours waiting for the "super moon" to rise from the sea, and fortunately the weather was clear so I got what I came for. Nature can be quite impressive, but it's not easy to capture on film (or CMOS). However I thought I'd share a few of my attempts.

Images taken with myRebel T1i and 24-105 f/4.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4111.IMG_5F00_7943_5F00_ED_5F00_M.JPG[/img]

Thanks for viewing!

CLS,

This one certainly got my attention..,

Very nicely done, by perfectly framing the moon with the branches!

Also.., Welcome to the forums!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

Ade, some great pictures. I especially like the first one at the top of the page and the first in the above post.

Andy,I appreciatethe comment and I am glad you liked it. This morning convinced myself the white balance wasa little off, so I just updatedthe postwith a slightly warmer version. Great TS shots, BTW (especially #1, with the flowers along the road).

I had forgotten about this waterfall...also in the White Mountains from Sunday:

7D, EFS 15-85 @ 15 mm, 1/3, f/11, ISO 100

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-46-64/Basin-3-IMG_5F00_7253-pp.JPG[/img]

Brant,

Very nice exposure and contrast between the rushing water and the log.

I like the warmer version too!

Also, thanks for the nice comments,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by erno james

<span style="font-size:6.94444px;"]

<h4 title="Click to edit" id="title_div5549610380"]<span style="font-size:medium;"]Nimbus Lake in the heart of Folsom, CA (on Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ernogy/)</h4>
    <div class="Desc"]
    <div title="Click to edit" id="description_div5549610380"]<span style="font-size:medium;"]Sitting smack dab between Folsom Lake and the American River is this wonderful body of water called Nimbus Lake. Come summertime, there's usually a lazy flow stemming from Folsom Lake that provides enough resistance for an upstream kayak workout. But today during the first week of spring and with heavy rainfall over the past week, flows here were more than lazy.

From being perched on some granite just downstream from Rainbow Bridge, this is looking toward the new Folsom Bridge. I convinced my kid to come out and feed the birds before dinner tonight (...plus I HAD to try out my new 0.6 GradND filter for the first time).</div>
    <div title="Click to edit"]</div>
    <div title="Click to edit"]<span style="font-size:medium;"][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x495/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7345.fols.jpg[/img]
    </div>
    </div>

Spectacular shot Erno!

I feel like I was there sitting on the rock!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Baker

Went to Snow Canyon State Park in Utah yesterday.

<div></div>

Hey Chris,

I really enjoyed the shots that you posted on flickr, some of them look like post cards!

Very nicely done.., blue skies, white clouds, and red rocks.., What else could anyone ask for?

Rich

I second that ...really beautiful photos, Chris! Definitely postcard material!

Denise

Recent product shot (Canon 35mm f/2):