Page 215 of 398 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3974

Thread: Post your best current shots

The third one and the last are one are pure gold David.
    Birds were going crazy in my front yard so i ran out to have a look. Found a python climbing up one of my palm trees, he would have been just ocer 8 feet long. I ran to the car grabbed the camera, not a stick or a shovel and managed this shot as he disappeared up the palm tree.
    My wife will probably sleep at a hotel tonight and take the dogs with her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Python.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	1398

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

OMG, Steve!! I don't blame your wife! I wouldn't return if I was her until you produced a photo proving it is at least 100 miles away from the house!

@Jonathan - that shot is stunning! If you printed that and all of the other magnificent shots you have, you wouldn't have one inch of paint showing on your walls! In fact, you would run out of walls! I will never grow tired of seeing your photos!

@David - I agree with Steve ..the 3rd and last shot are awesome but I have to include the Aussie into the top three! Also, every shot you take with that lens makes me crave it even more!

@Pat - Where do you get your metal photos done?

@Steve...always trust your instincts.

@Jonathan....another great shot.

@Roff...two beauties

@David...yep, #3 is a real winner. I also really like the last one. Gapped toothed kids are the best kind.

Thanks guys. Steve, is that you get a quiet night at home?

I have been informed that the Aussie is a Border Collie... not sure why it dressed up as an Aussie.

Yep I'm pretty sure that's a blue mearle border collie. I've got a black and white one and a chocolate one. Beautiful dogs.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    I agree! Pat, where have you had your metal prints done? I have used Image Wizards and am quite happy with the results.

Here's one from this morning: Sunrise on Mount Crowfoot at Bow Lake, Icefields Parkway, Banff. The days are getting shorter, but I still had to set the alarm to 4:50 am to capture this (it's a 90 minute drive from home).
    Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post

@Pat - Where do you get your metal photos done?
    Jonathtan - Another beauty from Banff.

Denise & Jonathan - I have been using Bayphoto for metal prints, and they have done a great job for me. One time I had them print 4 for a charity silent auction, but when I recived them, one was damaged (slight scuff mark that you could only seen in the right light). So I called them and asked them to replace it quickly... I called them at about 3:00 PM their time (Califorina) and I recieved a new print the next morning at 10:00 AM in Michigan for no charge. They were great to work with.

They have a 25% dscount for first time customers.

I just recieved another couple metal prints today, and they look great.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Some cross-processing done on this one ...

Peck's Skipper on Butterfly Bush by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Red-backed Salamander from last weekend.

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Denise, that's a wonderful shot in every respect. I especially like the sharpness, and the perfect background.

Here's another one from my recent drive up the Icefields Parkway. Finding this spot was a bit of a trick, since there is no pull-off and the trail is unmarked. But I managed to locate it, and then walked the 1 km distance to the edge of the lake. When I got here, I just about fell over backwards in awe. The 16 - 35 mm lens was just the ticket for this enormous view.

Name:  IMG_1884.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  130.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Denise, that's a wonderful shot in every respect. I especially like the sharpness, and the perfect background.
    .... When I got here, I just about fell over backwards in awe.
    Jonathan...I don't blame you, beauty of a location and shot.

+1 regarding Denise's photo

Dsiegel....another good one, really interesting capture.

Ok...so I was briefly at the beach on Sunday. Captured a few gulls:

small-7999 by kayaker72, on Flickr

What I really found interesting is that they were digging up clams, flying into the air, "stalling" so that they went almost vertical, and then dropping the clam to bust it open. I knew this happened, but had never seen it.

small-8045 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-8036 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-8065 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant